Favorite heat shield - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 06-01-2014, 12:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyTurbo11 View Post
I'm glad this subject was brought up because I don't really know what heat soak is. I never had a heat shield until I got my wrx tuned and my tuner advised me to get the grimmspeed heat shield so I did. Later I read, as people have posted, that the best thing to do is modify the stock one since it works better. How would I know if I'm experiencing heat soak?
It's 90deg outside,your at a fast food pickup window line,you finally get your food and go to pull out into the street,you try to beat the traffic out of the drive,you hit the gas and NOTHING!! Then a semi hits you broadside and you DIE from heat soak. Oh wait,it's a Subrau...they lived.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-01-2014, 08:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

RickyTurbo11 is an unknown
Geez that I'd like to avoid that scenario. So you're saying by buying say a turbo blanket I will drastically reduce my engine bay temps to avoid situations like that?
#33 Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful Epictofer is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I have a perrin heat shield and no blanket. Not sure how effective it is, but it sure does look nice! lol. anyone use the perrin one?
#34 Old 06-15-2014, 05:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is more helpful than not
I decided I'm going with the stock modded shield,a nice titanium wrap and cover the intercooler tanks with heat reflective foil 'cause I cant afford a bigger one.
boo-key bear likes this.

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.