Farewell guys! ;( - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 04-26-2005, 01:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

ngeren is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9d2TSi
Don't really know ya, but sorry to see you go. I hope that you have fun with your new toy. Care to share what it is that you went with?
Sure .. I got a black w/ red leather interior 05 GTO w/ 6 speed. My mother-in-law works for EDS so I get 5% below invoice, got an awesome deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Founder

Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful Ludachris is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'm sure you'll have some fun lighting up the tires with that thing. Now make sure you lighten that thing up a little - 3700 lbs is a bit heavy to fling around. Check in every now and then and let us know what you've done. I've also been toying with the idea of a new '05 Mustang. I'm really getting the V8/RWD itch lately, but it would be in addition to my turbo/AWD car, not instead of.

-Chris
WRXtuners.com Founder
#18 Old 04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
I've looked at the GTO as well, but I don't like the idea of paying $30k for a car that is already 7 years old....
#19 Old 04-27-2005, 12:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
I've looked at the GTO as well, but I don't like the idea of paying $30k for a car that is already 7 years old....
I got it in the $20ks! Gotta love GMS!
#20 Old 04-27-2005, 01:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris
I'm sure you'll have some fun lighting up the tires with that thing. Now make sure you lighten that thing up a little - 3700 lbs is a bit heavy to fling around. Check in every now and then and let us know what you've done. I've also been toying with the idea of a new '05 Mustang. I'm really getting the V8/RWD itch lately, but it would be in addition to my turbo/AWD car, not instead of.
Yeah, that was one thing that I was turned off on (the weight). I've been looking at ways at shredding the pounds, however I thought instead of shredding the pounds why not just throw more power to it?

On a serious note, I was more interested in the bang-for-the-buck modding that can be done with the setup and the strong transmission and read-diff. I've seen the 04 GTOs break mid 11s with a nice cam/exhaust and a big shot of n2o (probably the route I will take).