Subaru WRX Forum banner

Exhaust smell in cabin

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Cp3aight 
#1 ·
So, I recently installed a cat back and UP on my 05 Rex. Had a small exhaust leak at the midpipe/catback connector but just fixed that yesterday. Now I'm having a distinct exhaust smell coming into the cabin upon acceleration. It's weird though because I don't really hear an exhaust leak from within the system and the smell only comes when I accelerate. When I'm just cruising at a steady speed there's no smell. Any ideas?

#2 ·
Okay so had a little extra time today to crawl under the car and found the new gasket that came with my up pipe has already begun to fail. The bolts are tight but it's still letting exhaust out between the manifold and up pipe. My new question is would an OEM gasket cure this problem?

#5 ·
yeah when i did mine i had extra gaskets. mine blew there too so i put one of the extra ones on and it has been fine for like 5 or so months. but i put an invidia uppipe on instead of the ebay one supposedly they can start to leak at the flex. or else you could buy a gasket set on a site somewhere they are liek 50 bucks i think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.