Subaru WRX Forum banner

exhaust silencer

10K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  GullyWogg 
#1 ·
Anyone know how much back pressure these create? I put mine on for the hell of it to see how it sounded and the car feels really sluggish. 18g setup.

#3 ·
Hi!

I've put my silencer on today... I was a bit tired of hearing the loud droning of my Apexi N1. I checked on the Apexi website and they say it doesn't impair the car's performance and may improve low end torque on some models.

For my part, I think it reduces the accelerations when through 4.5-5 K RPMs. It's prime at first and then gets sluggish a little bit. Anyways... the real question is: is it going to damage any mechanic component in the long run? Anyone has an idea on this? I mean, it has to create some back pressure; if all that air is usualy drawned out by a huge hole instead of that little peep hole that is left after the silencer is installed.

Any thoughts? Cheers!

#4 ·
well theirs no doubt it will create more back pressure! the amount it will, or whether or not its enough to damage anything is hard to say but its either having a loud exhaust the annoys you but knowing your car is safe or putting the silencer one and always having that "is my car going to be ok" question in the back of you mind...

idk how you guys live with loud exhausts, i have been looking at other options and custom made exhaust because i think my borla hush is to loud!

#8 ·
The silencer does create a good amount of back pressure.I saw a test somewhere.It effects turboed cars more than N/A cars.If your exhaust is to loud you could install one of these.

Don't reduce flow hardly at all.They are made for racing with open headers.They are sold at Summit Racing and Jeg's
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/cci-3d102r.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.