Subaru WRX Forum banner

exhaust question (02 wrx)

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Newbee 
#1 ·
hey guys, first time posting. 02 wrx with light mods, rfl bov, cobb air intake, aftermarket boost gauge, muffler. I maintain the car very well, runs awesome. I purchased headers and an uppipe for her. If I keep the oem downpipe and rest of the exhaust on the car, is there any problems im steering into? or any advice? thanks

#2 ·
Welcome I the site. Have you ever driven your car with he stock bpv on it instead of the rfl?.( saying this because these cars arnt meant to have a vent to atmospheric bov on them there meant to recirc the air back into the intake) And what brand header did you get? The stock up pipe on your year has a cat in it. So replacing it with a non catted up-pipe is a great idea. There will be a check engine light after install I'm pretty sure since you will be deleted cat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#3 ·
#4 ·
#11 ·
Humm. Sorry im new here, and have still not found out how to put in a tread. Enyway im woundering if someone can redireckt this to a new tread or just answer here. I have a 2002 wrx compleatly buildt up to be a STI. Problem is that the police dident like my exsost noise today when i was polled over. The exsost is a orginal STI, with nothing else done to it. with the 2 lambda in. Where can i find paper wourk on the exsost so i can go to the after control to get it leagel / make the cops shut up ?? dos enyone have this paper ?? tommy_dieset2@hotmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.