Subaru WRX Forum banner

exhaust ideas

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
looking to go stage 2 with cobb ap and perrin uncatted dp...
for catback, i am deciding between borla hush, and the new perrin stealth street exhaust witht the black thermal coating.
I know the borla hush is good, but does anyone have any expereince with the perrin?

#5 ·
Compared to almost every other exhaust, it's not that loud. Compared to stock, it's a good bit louder. It's particularly loud on the high RPMs but idles fairly mildly. It's ideal if you don't want people to notice your exhaust... except when you put your foot down. Not that it will wake the neighbors even then though.

And I find it has a deeper and darker burble to it than most exhausts.

#4 ·
i heard the borla xr1 in person, to me it seems much more fulfilling. and that's what im getting put on by the end of the month. i cannot say ive heard the hush. i just fell in love with the xr1 setup the moment i heard it and knew i wanted nothing else. so to me it doesnt even matter what the hush sounds like. (although i heard it on an 02 im sure it will sound moderately better on my 2.5l) apparently the xr1 is still within sound limits. so why not.

#6 · (Edited)
I've had it for for over two years now and love it. I had the borla single tip without the resonator for about a week and it was like a Harley. WAY too loud for a stock car and it hummed on the highway really bad.

The hush is great on highway trips. It won't give you a head ache.

The hush is loud enough to make the neighbors complain, so you will definitely hear it over stock

#15 ·
yea i wanted something that brought out the boxer rumble, good to loud tone at WOT but i dont want something that will be a cop magnet either, sorry i didnt mean to jack your thread, ive heard a fair amount of good things about the megan black catback and for the price its hard to resist. But yea i definately want to be able to hear the boxer rumble or i just wouldnt be getting an exhaust, how does it compare to the cobb 3" catback

#16 ·
I was thinking of getting the cobb ss tbe because i heard its not that loud and it provides excellent performance. but the thing it's a bit pricy. I wanted to know if there was something cheaper that would give close to want i was looking for. I heard a helix dp w/ invidia cb w/ resonator works good. any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.