Exhaust choice*** - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-02-2005, 05:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz24
How can your car ever be too loud?? thanks for the great info I have been wondering myself what would be a good choice for an exhaust.
When you the person next to you is talking in a normal tone and all you can see is their lips moving and all while at highway RPMS. Or when you can no longer hear your radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-02-2005, 06:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

eighth08 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to eighth08
Haha, yeah.. i currently have a 2" catback (i got it free or else i woulda got 3") and its pretty loud... my friend has a 3" bosal and i love it. loud but not LOUD.

I would personally suggest from what ive heard, Perrin, HKS carbon titan, borla and bosal.
I am personally looking into the Perrin single tip. Perrin Single tip WRX video

thats a good idea of it.

i havent heard or used helix but have heard good stuff about them.

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
#18 Old 09-03-2005, 10:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
i installed my blitz nurspec yesterday. it comes with a resinator but sounds like butt with it in took it out and WOW! its freakin nice.
#19 Old 09-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
I have the Espelir cat back with a DP and it's very loud but I love it and all my friends love the it sounds

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
#20 Old 09-05-2005, 01:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXforME is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXforME
Well, recent expenses have made me rethink my $1,000+ turboback exhaust. I started looking on eBay and came across a store, X02Racing, thats sells very inexpensive downpipe + catback exhaust combos. Under $300 for a stainless steel 4"bellmouth to 3"all the way back with a 4.5"tip and a silencer. Seems like a good deal, I think Ill be buying one soon. Once I get it on Ill let everyone know how it feels and sounds, Ill try and get a nice video of it too.

Anyone know anything about this exhaust? Sure its a no name, but the design seems the same. 3"all the way back is 3" all the way back. He also sells Greddy Type-S BOV's for $50 brand new. His feedback is really good and most people love his stuff. Let me know what you guys think of this stuff.

edit: forgot the page Here it is
#21 Old 09-12-2005, 01:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

I am not gonna be one of those "you get what you pay for" guys.. cause you never know what little man is making what that is just as good with a smaller price because hes unknown.. so WRXforme, let us know if you get it and if you like it.

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
#22 Old 09-12-2005, 02:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXforME is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXforME
Will do.
I SHOULD have it Friday. And it will go on either Friday night or the weekend.
#23 Old 09-12-2005, 02:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxtacy19 is an unknown
u dunno loud till you heard my full invidia N1 race turbo back. Its louder then the RFL IMO.
#24 Old 09-13-2005, 09:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ive heard stuff about the invidia's in general being loud, i heard a video with just a 3" catback
that seemed loud but then again its only a video so who knows

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
#25 Old 09-13-2005, 10:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

gingertooth is an unknown
i certainly hope that that's not true. cause i don't want mine too loud and was hoping to order my invidia next week.
#26 Old 09-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
You can always put the silencer in and have the best of both worlds

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
#27 Old 09-15-2005, 12:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

yelljack is more helpful than not
I have been looking for a while, and after hearing a couple different ones I have decided on the HKS hiper, although I have only seen it as a catback (which doesn't matter to me cause I no longer have cats) but the hiper as a sound clip on the hks website and I have heard it up close, not too loud but you can definitely hear the "boxer rumble"
#28 Old 10-05-2005, 02:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

Emma is an unknown
i'm looking for an exhaust system with a low, quiet rumbling sound...any suggestions what would be a good choice?
#29 Old 10-05-2005, 09:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

smores is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to smores
Quote:
Originally Posted by eighth08
Ive heard stuff about the invidia's in general being loud, i heard a video with just a 3" catback
that seemed loud but then again its only a video so who knows
invidias are rediculously loud. This guy I work with has an invidia system on his S2000. One time I had to ride with him down to northern VA (Arlington) for a training session, which is about 20 miles away (in rush hour both ways).

I literally got a headache because it was so freaking loud, even with the top up. I can't stand loud-ass exhausts. At least the WRX makes noise because of the engine, not a huge can on a puny engine. But still, I like to have stealth to some degree.

Once I was pulled over, with my mom in the car because I raced off the line at a stop light, to show her the pull after I put CAI and exhaust on my Civic. The cop said, "I wouldn't have pulled you over, but your exhaust was kind of loud, and people look at me to do something.. I'll give you a warning simply because it's Mother's Day and your mom is with you."

Emma: I am planning to get either a Borla Hush or RS*R ExMag system when I get exhaust. Borlas have a reputation for being quiet and low. My friend has a Borla system on his 3000GT, and it sounds sort of like a stock M3. Sexy as hell. But RS*R ExMag (Exhaust Magic) systems are quiet as well. I have a buddy with one on a 94 Civic hatch, and it's only a little louder than stock.

www.rs-r.com
#30 Old 10-05-2005, 10:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ronnzi is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Ronnzi
I have an Invidia G200 and it's not toooo loud. I think it's pretty reasonable actually and when you have your foot off the throttle it's dead silent.

Not very many people have heard Invidia's on WRX's from what I can tell because online, responses as to their volume are wayyyy too inconsistent.

This forum is talking about how loud they are but I guarantee you if you look elsewhere on google, most people talk about how on the WRX it's not loud at all. Go check out the video section for the clips of my car - I don't think it's too loud but I could be wrong since I haven't heard many other exhausts to compare it to.

Just odd how info on the Invidia exhausts for the WRX are always so varied online. *shrugs*