Subaru WRX Forum banner

exhaust brands?

4K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  gingertooth 
#1 ·
I just got an 05 and the first mod im going to do is a catback exhaust. I dont know what brand to go with or if there is any difference between them. The prices sure as hell suggest that there is. Any advice on some good brands or systems to go with would be appreciated. Also, how much hp gains should i expect from this upgrade?

#5 ·
If you get a catless downpipe you almost definately will not pass emissions. I cant verify this 100% because I dont have emissions :) but from the sound of it you will not.

As for exhaust, like stated above its about the sound you want. I have Tanabe SRM and am very happy with it.

#8 ·
My05WRX said:
I have the same setup. You would not pass emissions. I got a CEL about the 4th day after going catless.

By the way do you go to extreme parts in Racine?
No I dont go to extreme, I dont really like them, plus a few people i know have had stuff installed there and it never seems to work properly.

Do you still get a CEL from it?

I dont know if this is the same anywhere else but here in racine, Wi i thought they just hookup to the ecu to do the emissions test and if there is no CEL shouldnt it pass?

#12 ·
I have the HKS DP but I will be changing it to a Helix because the HKS blocks the waste gate, I didn't know as much then as I do now thanks to this site! I also have the Espelir exhaust, very loud especialy with the DP and it comes out on a slght angle wich I think looks cool IMO, and it's only 500.00 bucks.

As for the really expensive exhaust there is not much difference in performance, most likely you are looking at the titanium ones which are alot lighter IMO not worth it unless you are going to be racing and want every advantage to save weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.