EJ207 v8 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
EJ207 v8

So i just picked up another wrx. A beautiful sedona red 02 wagon this time. Had slipped its timing, picked up the whole car for 2700. As of this morning i am also the proud owner of a v8 sti ej207, came with wiring harness, ecu, and the whole longblock. Now to install this motor i also have a vf 39 with uppipe and downpipe(both catless).

Let's get down to business now. I believe i still need to find an AVCS harness, or is that all a part of the wiring harness? Is there anything else that would be a concern to me when doing this swap?

Thanks,
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I believe Justin had stated it's a separate piece.

Wait for his response.

Good luck, nice find

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#3 Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
If you're getting the complete wiring harness it should be included.

If not,
http://www.iaperformance.com/product...oducts_id=2580
#4 Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
So a few things. First off at the moment i have the engien with all its wiring, and the actual car wiring harness will be here in a few hours. Would all the avcs goodies be on the car harness? Also i'm noticing this jdm motor doesnt have the coolant reservoir chestnut thing, and when i hold the stock on to it, there is a fitting that is on the 205 block thats not on the 207 block that runs to the underside of the reservoir. What is all that about?
#5 Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
You know the EJ207 would probably love a nice JDM twin scroll turbo. But, what do I know.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#6 Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
You know the EJ207 would probably love a nice JDM twin scroll turbo. But, what do I know.
Oh how it would, but sadly the guy i bought the engine from refused to part with the setup, and we are going for a 2 day turn around on this build. So for now it'll run a 39 until I find someone selling the uppipe, turbo, and downpipe for a decent price.
#7 Old 05-04-2012, 05:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
What a prick...he kept half of the good stuff.

Kirt

Last edited by turmic; 05-04-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: can't spell
#8 Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
True story, though i couldnt complain much about getting a 38k mile v8 207 for 1600 bucks, with ecu and the full car wiring harness to steal from.
#9 Old 05-04-2012, 08:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

That is pretty nice

Kirt
#10 Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
Something to note. The DS1 guide is amazing, and smashing the jdm harness' ecu plug to get extra wire tips is the most satisfying thing to do 14 hours into an install in 95 degree heat.Sadly, for all our effort, we found out too late the turbo oil feed line is different from the 205 to the 207, and we have a tank full of 100 octane, but we can't run until tomorrow... Oh the tough life of building scoobys.
#11 Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Just like building lego's. You're almost done until you realize you need one more long orange block. WHERE THE #### IS THE LONG ORANGE BLOCK!

-Chris
#12 Old 05-06-2012, 12:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

mr mello is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Just like building lego's. You're almost done until you realize you need one more long orange block. WHERE THE #### IS THE LONG ORANGE BLOCK!
You sir, made my day earlier this afternoon. I had just sat down to double check wiring and realized the other mechanic i'm installing this motor with didnt plug in half of the pins on the driver side connector, and the i read this post and it made me giggle enough that i didn't care about doing the rewiring.