Subaru WRX Forum banner

Ej207??

50K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Pol-STI 
#1 ·
Ive been reading up on the engine, seams like a dam good upgrade, but im having trouble finding prices and hp ratings, any info?

#2 ·
Is it a JDM engine. Where did you find info on it. I know Group-S sells JDM version 7/8 engines, but they are like 15K. But they do have a 8,000rpm redline, and the car pulls to
8K.:D Let me know where you got the info from

#4 ·
Well the Hp rating would be the 276hp which is Japan's horsepower limit , I believe the torque was 268 ft/lbs. All forged internals which are great as well as AVCS, which you need the ECU for. Ebay has them used, but your better off just building one rather than pay 15k for it new.WTF

#5 ·
If they only include the longblock and tbey're used, 3k is really what you should expect to pay. ~4.5k is typical if it includes all the other stuff (turbo, injectors, manifolds, etc). Gruppe-s usually sell the blocks brand new with other stuff included, which is why they cost so much more (~$9k, NOT 15. shamrock's probably exaggerating). Motors lose a lot of value when used. Btw, not all ej207s are the same. The most common are the v7 and v8 versions, and they both have their differences.

One of the good things about the ej207 is it's a stock block, which means that it should perform in your car as reliably as it would in a jdm sti. That's one thing it has over built motors, which have their share of problems. On top of that they're easy to drop in (if you're somewhat competent you could do it yourself) since they're already assembled, and easy to tune (reliably) since you can source an ecu that comes with a reliable map that only needs minor modifications to run stateside. Also, ej207s have goodies usdm sti owners drool over, such as forged internals (v7), twinscroll (v8), big port heads (late v7? and v8), 8k+ rpm redline (I hear the v8 can rev reliably to 8.5k rpm!), semi-closed deck, and better avcs settings.

If you're looking to buy one, check here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149 periodically. People sell them used fairly often. Otherwise you could pick one up from gruppe-s since you're relatively close by (they're in socal).

#7 ·
That's my motor right there. I just dropped one in my car. AVCS and forged internals with heads is a beautiful thing and it takes boost like a champ.
With just an intake and TBE, and a spec c the ecutek with a crazy ass tune, I'm at 315 WHP and 300 WTQ.
Its a VERY strong 2L and pulls all the way to 8G's. While everyone else is too busy shifting into 2nd or 3rd, I continue to pull away.

Gruppe-S is a pain in the ass to work with. Your better off speaking with an importer. If you really want a 207, let me know. I can probably find one for you.

#10 ·
i have one in the car ritght now... Also, i have some head for sale from this motor and the block.
Anyway, it is a beautifull thing, rings to 8500 and makes power all the way through. VERY RARE you can get your hands on one, it is the ultimate motor for Sunaru--2.0 at 8500 turbo--perfect.

#12 ·
You can swap a ej25 for a ej20 pretty much as easy as doing a ej205 to ej207, almost everything will bolt up to it with out hassle. I don't understand why you want to upgrade your motor if the one you have is still running okay, but to each his own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.