Early Mod Questions - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 Old 11-19-2005, 10:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

vertigo88 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy612
im 17 and i've got a VF22 car

anyways, the only reason not to switch to stage two on the stock downpipe is the cat...the cat can rip apart inside the piping and get sucked into the turbo therefore causing a lot of problems lol

as soon as you get a highflow performance cat, you can go ahead and switch over even if you don't have the cat back...you wont be quite as fast without the rest of the catback but you'll still be pushing 15.7 psi which is sweet

-Stewy
How exactally can pieces of the cat get "sucked into the turbo" from the downpipe? Where exactally did you get the idea that there would even be suction in your downpipe at all?

Maybe it's just me, but since there is a prodigious amount of exhaust pushing through the dp all the time (even at idle or between shifts) I would be very interested to know how those cat pieces could make it into the turbo.... Do they swim upstream like trout? Or do your turbines spin in reverse sometimes?

Jus' curious....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 11-20-2005, 09:33 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmx1080
Do u guys know any good sites to buy good used performance parts from such as downpipes and uppipes? thanks ... also thank you for all of your input it was much appreciated..
www.ebaymotors.com

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #18 of 20 Old 11-20-2005, 08:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

imbeterthanu is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imbeterthanu
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo88
How exactally can pieces of the cat get "sucked into the turbo" from the downpipe? Where exactally did you get the idea that there would even be suction in your downpipe at all?

Maybe it's just me, but since there is a prodigious amount of exhaust pushing through the dp all the time (even at idle or between shifts) I would be very interested to know how those cat pieces could make it into the turbo.... Do they swim upstream like trout? Or do your turbines spin in reverse sometimes?

Jus' curious....
i think he ment up-pipe.
post #19 of 20 Old 11-20-2005, 09:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXforME is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXforME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo88
Do they swim upstream like trout? Or do your turbines spin in reverse sometimes?

Jus' curious....

post #20 of 20 Old 11-24-2005, 09:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

stewy612 is an unknown
yeah i meant the up-pipe sorry

but yes the fins do swim like trout

-Stewy