Dying Forums - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-20-2004, 12:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

T WREX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to T WREX Send a message via Yahoo to T WREX
Score

On a slow ass server, but it loads eventually.

FP Green'd 04 STi

Trevor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-20-2004, 07:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

zoinks is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to zoinks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
It's about quality, not quantity.

If you want a sheer number of posts, go to nasioc. Of course, you'll have to wade through the crap and newbie-bashing to find the few posts that are actuallty informative...
Well actually there used to be a lot more quality posts in here....now everyone just has an attitude.
#18 Old 09-20-2004, 08:38 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
T WREX you ever gonna get STi pics up in the gallery?
#19 Old 09-20-2004, 10:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

T WREX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to T WREX Send a message via Yahoo to T WREX
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBAUCLAPla
T WREX you ever gonna get STi pics up in the gallery?
Probably sometime soon. My little brothers keep bugging me to email them some pics, so I guess I should take some. Basically if you've seen a silver STi you've seen my car at this point... well, with a dual tip exhaust that is.

FP Green'd 04 STi

Trevor
#20 Old 09-21-2004, 08:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Blub Blub Blub

yeah i've noticed slowness on the forum...

Innovation takes money, time, creativity, effort, and dedication.

Trying to come across all those things in one person or setup is hard to do. This forum is just not big enough and does not draw enough people to lend itself to serious innovation.

I like this forum, yes it is slow sometimes, but at least it crawls along at a pace that i can keep up with. If i went to NASIOC everyday like i come here, i'd be lost again every morning i got in. Its too busy for my taste. Theres SO many good wrx forums out there, this could also be why we are slow. Some prefer the local Forum, LERSOC for the lake erie ohio region for example, or NASIOC bashing forums like TeamNABR, lots of people got tired of NASIOC and went there instead... where some older DSM experience can be referenced and respected, and some prefer smaller forums, and some are just dedicated to the first WRX forum they discovered, which is wrxtuners for me...

But hey, eventually good ideas get done and done again and again, and then we all just slowly chat about them. I myself admit to having come up with absolutely nothing original on my WRX (at least in terms of power developing technology) its all aftermarket stuff thought up by others... and it works... ### my car is faster than when i bought it for sure, and that's what i wanted.

Actually, if you port and upgrade your WRX heads/cams, you won't be innovating much either... its been done, lots. How bout this... do a reverse intake manifold with a front mount intercooler up between your headlamps... Now that's original, well almost anyways. Although not really, since its been done by plenty, but not by the masses at least.

Here's original, V8 swap with rear wheel drive conversion... now that's original, oh waite, no its not, that too has been done, at least once.

ok, getting the gist here???... much of it has already been done. now is the time to talk about what works best for the $$$.

### lets face it, the overwhelming majority of us have serious cash restraints (some of us call them 'wives'... haha!)... and we need to ensure that in the process of making our cars faster, we spend the $$ right the first time (take it from me, it never happens quite right the first time, but you get the idea)... and at least we minimalize the changes after changes after changes business and save some money along the way...

So keep chatting, i doubt this forum is going away anytime soon... be it slow and 'un-innovative' or not... If you're looking for serious know-how and innovation and new-age WRX ideas, my opinion is that you're at the wrong site...

just my .02

oh yeah... moderpeopleators... shouldn't this thread be in the general discussion forum?

Last edited by REXronald; 09-21-2004 at 12:10 PM.
#21 Old 09-21-2004, 08:43 AM
sb3
WRXtuners Member

sb3 is an unknown
id have to agree with rexronald.
Allthough I think the tuning the stock turbo would be a great thread especially for autoxers. Lots of potential there, believe me! I do have to agree that if people started tuning their stock or limited configurations better when they stepped up to a bigger setup the gains would be much more effective. As opposed to just working the wrench. OK a little off topic...Sorry
#22 Old 09-21-2004, 09:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to AZ-Scoob
I agree completely, but being basically lazy, I dont want to jump forums looking for things that I know are already being done, and by people right here! thats all I want.. a little more of what we already have. so lets start discussing it on the forum so I can keep being lazy. as for the cash-ola thing, I got a wife! and all my money went for her nice new A4 quattro. so I no longer have the buckets of cash set aside for MY car. oh well!

[I]"Winners never quit, quitters never win, those that never win or quit are idiots."[/I]
#23 Old 09-21-2004, 09:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful REXronald is known to be trustworthy and helpful
What is it with these things called 'wives'

they always seem to want 1 of 3 things...

shiny rocks dug up from the ground, shiny cars with fancy ineriors, or the worst of all, and my current ginx....

bigger, better, and fancier houses.

We live in a home right now more than plenty big enough for the two of us... 1450sq ft.

we have no intentions of having children ever. (that is of course subject to change depending on her mood at the time)...

and she wants to build a house 30 seconds down the street that i already live on that is over 2600 sq ft???

What the heck do i need all that crap for?

I get one goody out of the deal, this is the only way i would agree to go along with it (i actually have no choice in the matter, but i just tell myself that i demanded this in order to go along with the house building thing)... i get a three car heated garage, and hopefully with a lift in the third car part, woohoo!)

three car garage and lift or not.... i would never do this if it were up to me... just nuts in my opinion. And that's what we have wives for... they keep us nuts. ever time i start to steer towards the sane side of life, my wife makes sure to wack me back in line and i go nuts again. !Cry!

#24 Old 09-21-2004, 10:37 AM
sb3
WRXtuners Member

sb3 is an unknown
I feel your Pain. I love my wife but...

Good luck on the lift though
#25 Old 09-23-2004, 03:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
I'm not getting married until May and she already drives me nuts. Just the other day she told me she was getting an STI so she can whoop me. So I'll play along. That way I'll have a WRX and a WRX STI MUAHAHAHAHA
#26 Old 09-23-2004, 11:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

ah... be greatful...

I would pay money for a wife that even had desire for an STi.... (but i think there's a name for that.... prostitution, hehe)... anyways.... at least that way i know she'd appreciate my car for what it is... My wife does not want anything to do with a fast car, much less own one.

oh well, overall she's a sweatheart, just does not share my affinity for cars.
#27 Old 09-23-2004, 12:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

Rain_Racer is an unknown
My wife wants a legacy GT wagon now, I just wanna finish paying for the WRX.

it seems so wrong to buy an STi powerplant and NOT get an STi.
#28 Old 09-23-2004, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXronald
I would pay money for a wife that even had desire for an STi.... (but i think there's a name for that.... prostitution, hehe)... anyways.... at least that way i know she'd appreciate my car for what it is... My wife does not want anything to do with a fast car, much less own one.

Yeah, my girlfriend is going to test drive a Forrester XT this week. I think she's going to end up buying it. Only problem is she wants an AT....
#29 Old 09-23-2004, 02:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX_2NR is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by REXronald

I'm in the same boat. Wife doesn't appreciate my car either. She really doesn't get into cars like myself, but she a good women.

I just have to hide my purchases from her, that way she doesn't know I did anything
#30 Old 09-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
Yeah, my girlfriend is going to test drive a Forrester XT this week. I think she's going to end up buying it. Only problem is she wants an AT....
Aww, now don't knock on AT's. Yes, having a manual is great on a car like a WRX, but after working in an AT plant and learning about everything that it take to design, machine, and assemble one, I've become a LOT more apprecative of them. During the endurance testing, they run these things to death at like a constant 6k RPM for X many days. It's nuts.

That's only the AT's. Their engines here, they run until the oil is black sludge. :eek:

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae