Dying Forums - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 09-18-2004, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Boomshine is an unknown
Cool Dying Forums

Hey everyone, i've just noticed that this forum is dying. i mean it could be good that everyone knows what to do or maybe there a better forum. i just want to know whats going on. i've seen the turbo neon forums have like 120 dudes looking at like power upgrades. the evo site has like 80. whats up the wrx forums gotta keep up or its lame not answering anyones questions. the best part about the forum is answering or talking about stuff for the wrx. the past 4 days in power forum, i've seen 8 new things come up

Boomshine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 09-18-2004, 09:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

hipo_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hipo_wrx Send a message via Yahoo to hipo_wrx
its all the searching because alot of people feel its stoopid to answer the same question over and over, even though a forum is meant for answering new peoples questions or ones people need info on.
post #3 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 12:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to AZ-Scoob
maybe we could dump the archives and start all over! I admit I do go on the boards and get tired of posting the same stuff, or I dont post anything because somebody else has already posted what I would have said. I have also noticed that nobody is trying something new or different. it has gotten to the point of cookie cutter rex's everybody is at stage whatever the hell, there is virtually NO innovation' only duplication. and who started the whole stage thing?? I have a modded car, I dont care what "stage" I'm at! what has happened is everybody stopped thinking and experimenting and started bolting crap to their cars without understanding what it does. makes me sick! at the race this past weekend I saw WRX's, STi's, Evo's, and DSM's all running crap times because of piss poor tuning, stupid ass parts combos, no clue how to drive, ect. people need to re-learn how to build and race cars. overheard a dsm guy talking about getting a stand alone system, he was running 15's!! how about learning how to fricken drive first?? the damn car ran faster stock before he "modded it" 3" TBE, 16G turbo, fuel pump, modded MAF, ect. funny.. I went 13.01 @ 103 with that setup. bumped up the timing and hit 12's@104 what's happened with people????? maybe I need to leave all this crap behind for a while while I build my car and actually go fast.

[I]"Winners never quit, quitters never win, those that never win or quit are idiots."[/I]
post #4 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 12:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
wow that felt good! later all!

[I]"Winners never quit, quitters never win, those that never win or quit are idiots."[/I]
post #5 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 12:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

latinWRX is an unknown
Yea..I've noticed that too. I only see like 4 people in the power forum and like 2-3 in the Newbie section.
I've got some stuff to spark it up
post #6 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 04:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

zoinks is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to zoinks
I've been thinking the same thing for a while now...it's like everyone just disappeared from this forum.
It's sad because this was one of my favorite forums but now you can leave for a month and come back and only ~5 pages of new posts. I've also noticed that some people who used to be very cool and helpful have become the grumpy old guy next door and reply with sarcastic @ss comments instead of being constructive.
Oh well seasons change....i'm not giving up yet.
post #7 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 10:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRXblurr is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WRXblurr
yeah we have to get this forum alive again.. It seems like it dies down then all of a sudden alot of people start posting again.. well anyways iam going to be posting pics soon of my vf22 and fmic install hopefully.. i just hope the install goes well ..
post #8 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 11:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
It's about quality, not quantity.

If you want a sheer number of posts, go to nasioc. Of course, you'll have to wade through the crap and newbie-bashing to find the few posts that are actuallty informative...
post #9 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 11:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Trogdor is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Trogdor
I've been thinking the same thing about this forum. The past couple weeks have been very slow. The only thing I can think of is that school has started, and other people are triing to suck out those last couple days of warm weather. I mean, here is PA, we get about 2 monthes of decent weather when you can actually be outside. All the rest of the year its in the 90's with 100% humidity, or its 23 degrees with snow thats been sitting on the ground for the past 3 weeks. If i wasn't sick right now, I'd be outside.
post #10 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 01:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
I just want to see posts like "I am going to do some porting on my manifolds, any suggestions?" or "looking to change to different valve shim setup." seems like the folks who do this sort of thing never post any how-to's or start a thread. loads of "what kind of exhaust should I buy" or "which blow-off valve should I get" type questions. very little hard-core tech stuff. maybe I should start doing exactly that. I could get a set of heads, port and polish them, install cams and do a how to on it. things like that might bring back the excitement! how about a whole engine build and install? or getting max power out of the stock turbo and a top mount? instead of the "I dropped off my car at the shop, dumped a ton o cash and now I'm fast" stuff

post #11 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 09:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Solice is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Solice Send a message via Yahoo to Solice
So what BOV should I get?
post #12 of 32 Old 09-19-2004, 09:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Trogdor is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Trogdor
you know, thats the first thing that made me laugh all day. that was great! !Laugh!
post #13 of 32 Old 09-20-2004, 10:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

AZ-Scoob is an unknown
now that's funny! I needed a little laugh!!! I guess I would get the loudest one I could find, and see if you could adapt a kazoo to the end of it to really add something "special"

post #14 of 32 Old 09-20-2004, 12:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

T WREX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to T WREX Send a message via Yahoo to T WREX
Has anyone else seen the vid of the dsm with a turkey call duct taped onto the bov??? Hilarious!

FP Green'd 04 STi

Trevor
post #15 of 32 Old 09-20-2004, 12:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
No, I haven't, but I have quite a few DSM friends who would enjoy that. Post the link if you can...