Subaru WRX Forum banner

Downpipe, Price\Quality

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  subaho 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I am looking to get a downpipe with a hi-flow cat, and I was wondering what company I should go with. I am not looking to spend a ton of money and I find typically the helix and invidia pipes are on the lower end of the price spectrum. What have you heard, do they work as well? Obviously, although I do not have loads of cash, I would rather spend the money now on a part that I know works well.

Thanks!

#4 ·
I was looking to get the helix but I could not find to fit my installation schedule. Like three stores were out of stock. I finally went for an Invidia Unit. I am very happy with it. I passed emissions (visual inspection) with it this morning. It is the V4 catted divorced DP. I found it brand new on ebay from a reputable seller.

#6 ·
I went with a Cobb catted dp too. It's sort of expensive, but the quality is top-notch. If you're looking for a high quality dp, Cobb makes one of the best. If you want a decent quality dp for a little less cash, I've heard good things about Invidia.

#7 ·
I have an invidia dp and im not all that happy with it. It has a couple really tight fits and vibrates in reverse. I ended up having to grind a bracket and take the dp out to bend it a little. The performance was great but the design in my opinion wasn't great. But then i bought it off a buddy for 80 bucks so it was worth it. just my 2 cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.