donut gasket...? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-14-2005, 02:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
donut gasket...?

i just put my buschur 3'' catback on and it seems VERY quiet. From what i read - that is the complete opposite of what its supposed to be like and what i want. I had a bad leak and i went to subaru and got a new donut gasket and that fixed my leak, the only problem is now it seems soooo quiet. Before i had the new donut gasket in it seemed a lot louder (it was only a day or two, but im pretty sure it was louder). I was thinking about trying a flat gasket but that might give me a leak. Basically what i am saying is - could a donut gasket quiet down a catback? Does that make sense? Oh and fyi - everything else in my car is stock.

Also if i do have a small leak...is that bad for the car or mysef? Could the fumes get into the car?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-14-2005, 02:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

03wrxwgn is an unknown
The gasket shouldnt make a difference. The reason it was probably louder was because you had a leak! But to make it some what louder you need to get a downpipe. It will make a difference! You got to remember that your cat's drown out the sound as well! So your next move should be a downpipe.
#3 Old 07-14-2005, 04:28 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Yeah the gasket should make no difference. And a small leak in the catback is fine for the car and I'm sure there aren't enough fumes out to harm you.
#4 Old 07-14-2005, 05:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
But this exhaust was supposed to be loud and it is not loud at all. Before the buschur i had a greddy evo and this is only slightly louder, it just doesnt seem right. All i want is that nice v-8 boxer sound and i dont have it. When i didnt have the donut gasket on it seemed a lot louder, but i dont see how a gasket could make such a difference. And i know the sound of a leak and the sound i was getting was no a leak sound, it was the sound of a v-8
#5 Old 07-14-2005, 07:54 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
Does the Buschur have a resonator?
#6 Old 07-14-2005, 09:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
i dont think so... im pretty sure there isnt a resonator
#7 Old 07-16-2005, 08:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
the car sounds more like a civic or an accord than the boxer v-8 sound....and that can't be right. If this is the sound of the buschur i wish i kept my greddy because this thing sucks and ive heard exhausts on wrx's and what i have does not sound right.
#8 Old 07-17-2005, 04:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
if you don't like the sound, then sell it and move on.

the stromung twin tip is a good choice, pricey but nice deep sound. I had one on my stock DP and midpipe and it sounded PUUURFECT. Then i went to a catless HELIX DP and it just got TOO loud for my tastes. Nice a nice deep rumble, just too loud for me so I went back to stock and now it gives me a nice rumble when i get on it but for the most part looks and sounds stock.
#9 Old 07-17-2005, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

BangWRX is an unknown
i was thinking about just getting an ERZ downpipe and hoping that would help make it better (and help performance of course also). You think i should do that or sell my catback and get another? I mean i drive a wrx not a civic
#10 Old 07-17-2005, 06:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

hondaeater is more helpful than not
i think if you're going to change your DP, change it FIRST, because it will effect the rest of your exahust. Get the DP situated first, and see how it sounds. If you still don't like the sound, then sell the thing and get another one.