Subaru WRX Forum banner

Does this setup look right?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  cpeeler21 
#1 ·
I have posted a picture of my engine bay by the wastegate. I have looked at all the other google pics of the engine bay and mine is the only one to have this setup at the wastegate. Have been only capable of boosting to .5. I have read all of the million threads on this. The only aftermarket thing on this car that i know of is a Magnaflow muffler. Not sure what has been done the past 109k miles. When full throttle the turbo gets very loud, Which i thought the turbo was shot or something..but then watched some youtube vids of some wrx's and they sounded the same.... Any thoughts? I'm sure i'm doing this wrong..First wrx and only have had it for 1week. I did $900 worth of service at the subaru dealership for my first mod :)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·

I have ordered a heat shield, Thanks for the catch. As for the pill i checked the hose going from the T to the turbo and felt nothing in the hose. I'm guessing when they hacked this back together they did not put the pill in. Is there a typical place in the hose? Mechanically sound so i believe i would have noticed if it was there. I'll order it tomorrow from the subaru dealership. As for the service that was the first thing i wanted done for sure. The day after i picked the car up from the dealership i checked the oil and nothing on dipstick. The plugs are on the way, i'll do them myself after reading the great tutorials on here.. Guessing they haven't been changed in awhile, cleaned the MAF today, last time they saw the car was 60k and it has 109k. Really appreciate the replies, just looking to make the car reliable and fun to drive.

PS. The car idles high 1-1.5k until i hit the gas and then it goes down. Any thoughts?

#5 ·
Also where is this suppose to actually mount to? I've looked at a ton of pictures and like i said nothing looks like this setup for the waste gate hoses. Especially once i put the heat shield in, would be nice to know exact location and if i need to cut some of the crazy long hoses down for proper fit. If anybody can answer, Would appreciate it!

#7 ·
Fix

This is what it looks like now after changing some things around and making some cuts. Used exactly what you see in the first pic but changed it to route correctly. Whoever put this thing together had no idea what they were doing! Pretty scary being i just bought this car from a dealer. (Not Subaru Dealer). Thanks for the great reply and pics. The car runs .7-1 now and i do not have the pill. I'm going to run and get the pill tomorrow from the subaru dealer. Hopefully it's in stock.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.