divorced wastegate? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

stileguy is an unknown
all STIs to come to Australia had the ej207 until the 2006 model which is the 2.5l engine.
in 1999 we got a limited run of 400 2door STIs then in 2000 we got a limited run of 400 4door STIs of which i own number 64 and from 2001 they went mainstream.
the 2door was a watered down ### spec with 206kw which had many engine failures due to idiots putting regular unleaded in them so they were detuned to 195kw from then on and until the introduction of the 2006 2.5l engine, now they have 206kw again. I may be biased but i feel the limited run of 4-door was the pick of the bunch, aluminium bonnet, inverted monotube struts with lowered springs, sti front lip spoiler and big rally style rear spoiler, quick ratio steering rack, 4.44 final drive, Forged EJ207 motor, VF28 turbo which peaked at 17psi at 3600rpm and factory redline of 7900rpm and weighed 20kgs less than stock WRX at 1275kgs, a cold air intake, exhaust and FMIC lifted power to 235kw with no ecu mods required, those mods alone with no increase in boost saw trap speeds of 108mph. a stock one did mid 13sec quarters at 102mph straight from the showroom. I'd post some pics if i knew how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement