Confused on what to do - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-01-2008, 11:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Well a boost gauge woudln't be bad right? like I am fairly curious to see how much boost I am actually running idk if that would be a bad idea to get one or not? Also headers? Good idea bad idea? Big gains small gains? I've heard 10% of what ever you've already got?

Dream Evil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-02-2008, 12:59 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
headers do nothing but add lag with that tiny a turbo

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#18 Old 08-02-2008, 01:26 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Search headers. From what I have read I dont like the headache and cost of them compared to what you would get out of them, even with an aftermarket turbo. PnP'd headers with a high flow crossover seem to do just as good and its not as expensive a set up.

As far as boost goes, if you have your AP if gives you boost, its a bling thing, nothing special, just something to watch I suppose. Most say its not even that necessary with a stg 2 setup. But thats a decision for you to truely make.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#19 Old 08-02-2008, 01:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Yeah I know its not necessary and more or less just a bling like you said i was just curious because everyone was saying like specifically not to get a boost controller I was curious if a boost gauge was bad or something as well ### i wanted to get one to make sure i was running like the boost that I am supposed to be running.

Dream Evil
#20 Old 08-02-2008, 01:46 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If you get one, make sure its an electrical one thats all. And a boost controller is necessarily bad. You just have to be tuned for it and everything like that, just cant slap it on and go with it.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#21 Old 08-02-2008, 01:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
I see alright yeah it so it looks like im most likely just going to be getting the boost gauge, sti scoop if it looks nice i gotta check out more pics, and the boost gauge, i might also work on my suspension a bit

Dream Evil
#22 Old 08-02-2008, 02:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
listen if you want more boost just get a new restrictor pill from cobb, i had a mbc on my wrx but i was protuned to run my desired amount
#23 Old 08-02-2008, 02:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
What is a new restrictor pill?

Also any suggestions on where I could pick up a nice boost gauge like what sites are good that sell nice looking ones with maybe a blue back light or something so i can see it at night time? as well as the like mount so that its in position with your like speedometer??

Dream Evil
#24 Old 08-02-2008, 06:12 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Ignore that post.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#25 Old 08-02-2008, 11:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
lol alright

Dream Evil
#26 Old 08-03-2008, 01:04 AM

Check out prosportgauges.com. If you are on a budget, I have heard alot of good things about the gauges and customer service. A few of the members on here run their gauges. Or just search no google and you will be very busy sorting through all the sites that come up there.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#27 Old 08-03-2008, 01:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Will do, So I was looking at the blue gauge it says it includes a mounting hardware Does that mean the mount itself Im just looking to get the mount that attaches to I think the steering wheel and lines up with the speedometer and what not

Dream Evil
#28 Old 08-03-2008, 05:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Trinity54 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamEvil View Post
Will do, So I was looking at the blue gauge it says it includes a mounting hardware Does that mean the mount itself Im just looking to get the mount that attaches to I think the steering wheel and lines up with the speedometer and what not

make it a one time thing , get a good gauge . i tried afew brands and they sensors failed over short period of time.currently am using defi .had it for nearly 1 1/2 yrs and still good.
they work with a control unit which most retailers would bundle together.and with that you save your peak boost record and also playback the sequence of your boost building up .

this is an example of the peak boost playback.sorry for the blur picture,taken with lousy phone cam.

oh ya on a side note,getting a boost controller isnt a bad thing.just get a EBC and not a MBC . my recommendation would be the apexi AVCR as you can actually get it tuned and set your boost built up characteristics and boost target at every different gear change.and usually with a aftermarket EBC , you get to set different boost levels maps. eg the blitz sbc icolour enables you to set 4 different boost map settings so you can have it switch and selected on the fly.but once its being tuned/set properly keep your itchy fingers away from the boost settings other than selecting different maps unless you know what you are doing.
cheers.
#29 Old 08-03-2008, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

DreamEvil is an unknown
Well im not really looking to adjust my boost so muh, I just want to make sure that the cobb programming raised it to the boost it should be at and just ya know being able to make sure my turbo is doing its job well, also alil bit for the bling aspect as some one mentioned above and I do have a fairly tight budget so im not looking to spend a awful lot of money but I do want a product that is not going to crap out. So yah but like I said really just looking for a gauge

Dream Evil
#30 Old 08-04-2008, 01:34 AM

Defi is a good gauge, but pricey, and you would have to by the control box thing also. Call/email prosport about the mounting as Im not sure about it. I know Nagyhead is running a couple of their gauges, had problems, but the company was very helpful and fixd the problems for him with no questions asked.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"