• 1 Post By psinuse
  • 1 Post By LW_Black4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-09-2013, 11:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jkas is an unknown
Garage
Cold Weather / Fuel question

So I have a 02 wrx with a 2.5 hybrid. I have the same thing as most wrx owners have with cold weather. Gas smell when you start it during cold starts etc etc. I called SOA and they told me there is an extended warranty on. cool.

I do not remember what the difference is in that fuel line. I'm not trying to get it to the dealership and get a tab of a few hundred bucks.

My question is: Difference between the fuel line SOA says needs to be replaced and one needed for a 2.5.

I feel like im , everytime I turn around. I have to fix something.

Kasper
2002 WRX Bugeye
2013 Mazda CX-5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-09-2013, 02:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Its a must though if you want the fuel smell to go away.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#3 Old 12-09-2013, 02:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
The fuel line on the 02-05 was a small diameter and the new line is bigger. The metal expands slower in cold weather and the smaller one wasn't big enough and you get a tiny amount of fuel leak. You're going to have to pull the intake manifold to replace it, so keep that in mind. To my knowledge I don't believe there is any difference in fuel line size between the 2L and the 2.5L.
Jkas likes this.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#4 Old 12-11-2013, 10:04 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jkas is an unknown
Garage
Dealership got the car this morning. It was the issue with the fuel line leaking on top of the motor. Being replaced. Also, doing the recall on the lower control arms, Free alignment! Get a random phone call to tell me all of this information. Then he gets down to business.

Mr. Kasper, I was out talking with the tech and he said you have 2 bad vacuum lines and your turbo inlet pipe is shot.

Replace them

Mr. Kasper, your total before taxes is 270.

I've been doing some research via the intraweb to see if its at all possible to replace the turbo inlet without removing the intake. Is it possible? should I just take it back to my tuner and shell out the cash for him to put one on or stay at the dealership and bite the wooden spoon.

Kasper
2002 WRX Bugeye
2013 Mazda CX-5
#5 Old 12-11-2013, 11:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
you are having them put another stock inlet pipe in there?

Should just buy an aftermarket one and do it yourself. Yes, the intake is the least of worries on that job. The intake manifold and a few other parts come off too.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#6 Old 12-11-2013, 12:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is more helpful than not
Garage
I would do what it takes to keep your machine healthy, and it would be good form to let the Dealer to do it if you asked them to diagnose (and they did it correctly).

Part of owning a used car is accepting that there will be unexpected maintenance costs, as components approach the end of their service life. Some of these costs can be avoided with planned maintenance, but in general service costs climb (statistically for used cars) after the 100 - 150 thousand km mark.
Jkas likes this.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
#7 Old 12-11-2013, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jkas is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
you are having them put another stock inlet pipe in there?

Should just buy an aftermarket one and do it yourself. Yes, the intake is the least of worries on that job. The intake manifold and a few other parts come off too.
I had them just put the stock one back on and I'm going to replace it with an aftermarket one. Just haven't decided on which one I want to buy. Do I want to buy a name or buy a product. Perrin does have a nice one, but samco has one etc etc.

Quote:
I would do what it takes to keep your machine healthy, and it would be good form to let the Dealer to do it if you asked them to diagnose (and they did it correctly).

Part of owning a used car is accepting that there will be unexpected maintenance costs, as components approach the end of their service life. Some of these costs can be avoided with planned maintenance, but in general service costs climb (statistically for used cars) after the 100 - 150 thousand km mark.
This I understand. I need my car to be happy and healthy. They did find the initial problem that I wanted them to fix. Just wasn't expecting to find out my turbo inlet to be as bad as it is. nor for it cost that much. I thought I got all of the higher priced maintenance out of the way when I did the timing belt, water pump and tune up. In the same aspect, It's a car, they have problems and usually if it breaks. Its not cheap.

Kasper
2002 WRX Bugeye
2013 Mazda CX-5