COBB Tuning Upgrade??? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-23-2004, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

stewy612 is an unknown
COBB Tuning Upgrade???

Ok selling the my '04 outback sport is out of the question. So there's no chance of getting a WRX. But, i also don't wanna dish out the cash for the "force air tech" turbo system, and only get 5 psi out of it, and probably no reliability...but i did find the COBB tuning Stage 3 Power Upgrade, even for now i'd be happy with the stage 2... Is that a good choice, is it worth the money...its all stainless steel and that quality stuff, and it should be mega reliable...but i just wanted everyones opinion.

Thanks,
Stewy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-23-2004, 12:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

RPFRIDE is an unknown
Look like very good stuf. high $ but very very good. get that with the turbo kit...lol
If spending that kind of $ why cant you sell and get wrx? Anyways, cant boost high with youre engine because they are not made for boost, too high compresion.
Thats why the Salin stangs were failing. cant push high boost (id say >9) in engine not compresed for it, and other reasons.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-23-2004, 12:27 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
No matter what N/A car you decide to turbo, you can't raise boost much higher than 5 psi without doing some internal work.
post #4 of 7 Old 09-23-2004, 12:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Cobb's products are nice, but overpriced.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-26-2004, 09:04 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBAUCLAPlaya
No matter what N/A car you decide to turbo, you can't raise boost much higher than 5 psi without doing some internal work.
It depends on the manufacture and engine weaknesses.I have a 94' 2.2L OHV S10 turboed and intercooled on a custom setup i made running 8psi on stock internals with no problems.The Cavalier/Sunfires with the same engines have ran up to 10psi daily no problems.Those engines have a compression ratio of 8.8:1 I know i'm just asking for something to go wrong but nothing has.As long as you have a good set of gauges and use them things should be ok.I just little by little turned up the boost.Ran it for a month at 5psi,then 6.5psi,then 8psi.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-07-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

stewy612 is an unknown
ok well heres my next question, could i get the turbo after the cobb upgrade, cause the turbo forinstance comes with up and down pipes of different sizes and would those match up to cobbs Turbo N/A pipes...just wondering

-Stewy
post #7 of 7 Old 10-09-2004, 08:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

yelWRXlow1 is an unknown
heh, if you wanna see a rip roarin outback sport....go to licmotorsports.com (i believe thats the site) and check out there project cars i believe it is, they have the ULTIMATE subie sleeper...its a 2000 outback sport...with a JDM V.7 RA Spec-c swap!!!! :eek: 270whp! and the thing looks stock! I would hate to pull up on that thing. Anyhow, maybe you should go this route with your outback sport! hahahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement