Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cheap Ebay Ehaust Manifold

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  psinuse 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Sure, the piping is $46.99, but shipping will be at least another $48.99 and for that price, you're probably better off spending an extra hundred bucks or so and going with a Grimmspeed HiFlow Exhaust Manifold Crosspipe: GrimmSpeed or something similar. Not to mention, headers aren't really recommended until your car is fairly modded anyway and then you really should also get tuned for them to maximize your power gains.

Cheap-o exhaust manifolds are extremely prone to leaks due to cheap welds and materials. Some people get lucky and nothing happens, but just think how upset you'd be if you spent that much money on one set, found out there was a leak, and had to spend the same amount or twice as much more to get decent stuff. I just wouldn't take the chance. Plus, it's probably not going to be a fun job. I bet most of the bolts will be semi-rusted and a pain to get off. Will you be doing the job yourself or taking it somewhere to have it done?

#3 ·
Im a firm believer in getting what you pay for. So just because the price is right, doesnt mean everything else is. I would look into something that is known to work. Like mentioned above check into Grimmspeed, great products, great people.

#4 ·
i have em, fitment is straight but ## gonna have to force it at one point but other than that i like em. I cracked mine a few weeks back hitting a curb so i need a new set. think ima go back to stockers ### you here more of the turbo spool but these are good. gaskets they come with are sh** though, grab oem ones

#8 ·
I used to sport an ebay TBE when i had my bugeye and loved it. My buddy decided since my exhaust worked so well he wanted to try the manifold and uppipe. The manifold ended up even coming close to fitting, but the up pipe fit, then the welds cracked two weeks down the road.

IMO there's certain things you can save some cash on, but the manifold and up pipe are not one of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.