Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cheap Cat-Back - Good or Bad?

6K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
After looking through and reading a whole bunch of threads regarding CBEs I tried searching Ebay and found the following:

eBay Motors: Subaru Impreza WRX 02-05 Turbo Catback Muffler Exhaust (item 140194807358 end time Jan-03-08 22:03:36 PST)

Does anyone have any experience with this seller/type of exhaust? Any thoughts on whether it looks like a good deal or not? Sorry, I know this is like :beatentod but I don't want to commit to buying something inexpensive if when I get it it's probably not going to fit. Thanks.

#11 ·
no it won't void your warranty (seriously, that would mean your AC wouldn't be covered anymore. How does your dp effect your AC?).

Mattering on your dealer, they may be more likely to rule abuse when you bring it in for drivetrain problems though. It does add power and power adds wear. Also it labels you as an aggressive driver sometimes in their eyes. Some dealers won't care though.

Like newtothegame said, the downpipe is the restriction where you can make some power gains. The catback is just for show and sound. It doesn't actually add power.

#13 ·
you know, there are stickies all up and down this forum to help you with these very basic questions and you can use the search button to find some great info. Just saying, people have put in a lot of time around here to provide answers to stuff like that.

Downpipes are all pretty much the same as long as they're a bellmouth it should be ok. Course some cheapy off of EBAY may not even fit but if it's something at least moderately mainstream, it should be fine. Catted or uncatted is a choice you want to make.

I suggest you search for cold air intakes (CAIs). If you want the short of it, leave your intake the hell alone. There's no gains to be made there with a stock turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.