Subaru WRX Forum banner

CEL fix with Down pipe ?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  IBAUCLAPlaya 
#1 ·
So I got the Helix up/dp combo. I installed the dp 2 days ago and I love it. I didn't do the uppipe yet though. My question is do I need a cel fix for the dp ? I plugged the o2 sensor back in, but it seems to me that after removing the last two cats the sensor will pick up something fishy. :confused: It's been abuot 75 miles and I havn't had one yet.

#2 ·
i have heard that some people get it and some do not. For example, on my '04 rex, no cel fix was needed. But on my buddy's '04, he needed one. Unless it's the color (which it isn't), I'm not sure what to tell you except wait and see what happens. If/when it does happen, and Cosmo has said this, don't mess around and get it dealt with fast.

Cheers!

#3 ·
allright guys I put the uppipe in today, 3 hours, no lift, in my garage went almost flawlessley. The probe on the sensor for the uppipe broke off !Cry! there's still about a third left so I just screwed it back in, works ok so far, any suggestions? :confused:

#4 ·
Any ideas on how to install Helix Cel Fix??

When I got my Nur Spec cat back exhaust install 2 days later my Check Engine Light came on. Now I bought a Helix CEL fix which the cable has 2 color a purple and blue. I know the back O2 sensor has 4 wires, and that you are not suppost to mess around with the black ones so there is a blue and white but which colors go to the Cel Fix???....any suggestions be apprecitate it!!...Thanks

#5 ·
you will probably need the cel fix with the downpipe but not the uppipe. if you get an accessport or utec you wont need the fixes. you may have not encountered a light yet because with the obd2 the problem has to happen twice before a light pops up.

#8 ·
I have the Helix tbe and uppipe, all catless. I got the cel fix wired in and the light came on awhile after two times. Now I have to get that resistor or what ever from Radio Shack. Anybody know exactly what it is? I tried searching to find out what it is but I couldn't find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.