Catted Downpipe - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-31-2006, 09:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

PJ WRX 09 is an unknown
Catted Downpipe

Is the catted downpipe worth the money or should i keep my catless helix downpipe, whats the difference in noise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-31-2006, 10:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
The catted downpipe is going to help you with emissions testing where he one you have right now won't. It's worth is dependent on if you have emissions testing in your area. If you do, then it might be a good idea. If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As for noise, the catted model is going to be a little quieter, but nothing that you'd write home about (Maybe a few db's).

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
#3 Old 02-08-2006, 06:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

jayj713 is an unknown
Sorry, topic a little old but i didn't want to start a new one. I have emissions testing here in Atlanta, GA but i think it's the kind where they plug a computer into your car and then do whatever. At least that was what they did to my volvo, they just took a cord and plugged it into a socket by my middle armrest/compartment thingy. So, I really want to catless downpipe but I don't want to get in trouble for it :/. And also, I heard that the smell of the catless will be a lot stronger than one, is this true?
#4 Old 02-08-2006, 09:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

genkidama20 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to genkidama20
Quote:
Sorry, topic a little old but i didn't want to start a new one. I have emissions testing here in Atlanta, GA but i think it's the kind where they plug a computer into your car and then do whatever. At least that was what they did to my volvo, they just took a cord and plugged it into a socket by my middle armrest/compartment thingy.
That's OBDII testing. You'll pass if you have a CEL fix or an EM that eliminates those codes.

Quote:
And also, I heard that the smell of the catless will be a lot stronger than one, is this true?
Yes, It will smell like gasoline at some points. Depends on your tuning.
#5 Old 02-08-2006, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

six3jag is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to six3jag
Mine stinks on start up and i have a catted helix DP. I think for enviromental reasons you should go with a catted DP. Its not real clean but its better than no cat at all. Just help the planet out a bit. Its only like a 100 bucks more and you won't loose hardly an power to it.
- Jacob
#6 Old 02-08-2006, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

dlh1999 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by six3jag
Mine stinks on start up and i have a catted helix DP. I think for enviromental reasons you should go with a catted DP. Its not real clean but its better than no cat at all. Just help the planet out a bit. Its only like a 100 bucks more and you won't loose hardly an power to it.
- Jacob
Where did you pick yours up at?
#7 Old 02-08-2006, 10:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

wingless is an unknown
In my part of Va we don't have emissions testing, but I got a Cobb catted DP to do my part to keep the Blue Ridge Mountians blue and not gray.

Both of my girls are too hot for you