Catted Downpipe - Subaru WRX Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-31-2006, 09:56 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 99
PJ WRX 09 is an unknown
Catted Downpipe

Is the catted downpipe worth the money or should i keep my catless helix downpipe, whats the difference in noise?
PJ WRX 09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 01-31-2006, 10:56 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
9d2TSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,171
Images: 5
9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
The catted downpipe is going to help you with emissions testing where he one you have right now won't. It's worth is dependent on if you have emissions testing in your area. If you do, then it might be a good idea. If not, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As for noise, the catted model is going to be a little quieter, but nothing that you'd write home about (Maybe a few db's).

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
9d2TSi is offline  
#3 Old 02-08-2006, 06:50 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 53
jayj713 is an unknown
Sorry, topic a little old but i didn't want to start a new one. I have emissions testing here in Atlanta, GA but i think it's the kind where they plug a computer into your car and then do whatever. At least that was what they did to my volvo, they just took a cord and plugged it into a socket by my middle armrest/compartment thingy. So, I really want to catless downpipe but I don't want to get in trouble for it :/. And also, I heard that the smell of the catless will be a lot stronger than one, is this true?
jayj713 is offline  
#4 Old 02-08-2006, 09:20 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
genkidama20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 369
Images: 5
genkidama20 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to genkidama20
Quote:
Sorry, topic a little old but i didn't want to start a new one. I have emissions testing here in Atlanta, GA but i think it's the kind where they plug a computer into your car and then do whatever. At least that was what they did to my volvo, they just took a cord and plugged it into a socket by my middle armrest/compartment thingy.
That's OBDII testing. You'll pass if you have a CEL fix or an EM that eliminates those codes.

Quote:
And also, I heard that the smell of the catless will be a lot stronger than one, is this true?
Yes, It will smell like gasoline at some points. Depends on your tuning.
genkidama20 is offline  
#5 Old 02-08-2006, 12:24 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
six3jag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 366
Images: 2
six3jag is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to six3jag
Mine stinks on start up and i have a catted helix DP. I think for enviromental reasons you should go with a catted DP. Its not real clean but its better than no cat at all. Just help the planet out a bit. Its only like a 100 bucks more and you won't loose hardly an power to it.
- Jacob
six3jag is offline  
#6 Old 02-08-2006, 10:41 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
dlh1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 304
Images: 9
dlh1999 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by six3jag
Mine stinks on start up and i have a catted helix DP. I think for enviromental reasons you should go with a catted DP. Its not real clean but its better than no cat at all. Just help the planet out a bit. Its only like a 100 bucks more and you won't loose hardly an power to it.
- Jacob
Where did you pick yours up at?
dlh1999 is offline  
#7 Old 02-08-2006, 10:49 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
wingless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 200
Images: 9
wingless is an unknown
In my part of Va we don't have emissions testing, but I got a Cobb catted DP to do my part to keep the Blue Ridge Mountians blue and not gray.

Both of my girls are too hot for you
wingless is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On