Subaru WRX Forum banner

buying a wrecked STI

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  normy3 
#1 ·
Let's say i bought a wrecked sti, im carious What parts can be swaped into a 02 wrx. can everything underneath the car be swaped over control arms and so on. im really considering buying a wrecked sti. i looked at some and i can pick one up between
$2500-$4000.....what can be swaped over....im talking like everything......

#5 ·
The rear sways and endlinks are not compatible. The struts aren't compatible if it's an 05 or later. You'll have to grab a lot if you want to move some things over but I suppose it's doable.

You need to be much more specific here or you're just going to get the idea that more stuff will easily bolt up to your WRX than actually will.

#6 ·
Sorry,
I'm running STi Version 7 control arms, Version 8 springs, and STi strut tops, mixed with various aftermarket suspension pieces according to the previous owner. So, those are compatable.

#7 ·
well i want to swap over as much as possible. if that helps. lol sry i cant be more specific im trying haha. i have another car so time is not a problem. i know the tranny, rear end, hubs i know all the parts needed for the 6 speed swap, can parts from the front end be swaped over, i thought about doing the motor 2 but have no idea about the wiering. so iwas just going to take the bottom end and stuff.hmm im trying to think hah.

#8 ·
Right, the bottom end (mated to your current heads, hopfully you'll throw in new rings if you're going that deep) the turbo, the IC, and the injectors are all swap-able.

No one's mentined the brakes yet. The Brembos are doable if you take the rotors, only if you get an 04 STi.

#9 ·
Well look, if you take everything down to the bare frame, you can take whatever you want. The cars up to 07 all have the same frame. It's just a question of how thorough you want to be.

Also, Can I point out the absurdity of a $4000 scrap STi? If it's got an intact tranny, it's going to get more money than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.