Buying Parts + Reflash - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-15-2008, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

TwinTurbs is an unknown
Buying Parts + Reflash

Hello everyone.

Questions. IF you have the time to check out these links and give feed back to me that would be much apperciated

I am about to purchase

ERZ Downpipe + Up-pipe combo:
eBay Motors: ERZ 02-07 SUBARU WRX UP PIPE AND DOWNPIPE COMBO (item 290205940630 end time Feb-18-08 14:21:21 PST)

and Tactix cable for 04 WRX:
eBay Motors: Open-Port 1.2 Logging & Reflash Cable for Subaru WRX (item 130197722490 end time Feb-19-08 02:36:17 PST)

My questions are as follows:
1. In the downpipe auction, a friend said that i should have a DP with a wideband sensor, and not the factory one if i was seeking tuning, Which i am, but only flashing by myself. Is this a problem having the stock sensor and can i get by with the factory one?

2. Is the Taxtic cable auction ecactly what i need? I know there is the cable, and i thought there was another piece that specifically fit my car, but im not sure if that auction has that part included or not.

3. Fellow member said that I would be OK with keeping the factory catted mid-pipe for the exhaust. Is this alright? Just looking for a second opionion before i get started.

4. For those who have been helping me with the boost problem I am currently having ((THANKS SO MUCH BTW)), should I get this all cleaned up before my purchases/reflashing, or are is there any chance that this leak may be fixed with te DP / UP or flash.

5. Lastly, I have a K&N short ram intake. Friend told me that once all parts are installed , i may be running lean because of the intake. I still have the factory box assembly filter thing, what are my options with the intake, or the factory one? and what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for everyone help, I am extatic to be finally gettin some work done on the car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-15-2008, 12:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
1. Wideband helps a tuner get far more dialed in and I believe you'll have to have a bung welded onto that DP by an exhaust shop.
2. That cable is fine but you'll also need a jumper for your car. I didn't see one in that ad. Just order it from tactrix.com, it's cheaper.
3. The midpipe isnt catted, it's got a resonator for sound and yes you'll be fine with keeping that.
4. Don't know about your boost problem enough to answer.
5. It's possible you may run lean with an off the shelf map, you may want to get furthur dialed in with some sort of internet tune which will be far less expensive than a protune on a dyno.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned

Last edited by Longshot; 02-15-2008 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #3 of 6 Old 02-15-2008, 06:44 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Longshot pretty much hit the nail on the head with all that. If I were you I would through the stock airbox back on, its not that bad at all, just put a drop in filter in instead of the stock one.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 6 Old 02-16-2008, 03:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
yeah, like a K&N drop-in filter for $30-40...

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
post #5 of 6 Old 02-16-2008, 08:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
It wouldn't be hard to add another bung to the DP for a wideband. If you are going to tune your car you will need one. You can buy a bung for $10 and any exhuast shop should be able to install it.
Oxygen sensor bung and plug for aftermarket gauge sensors. Wideband o2 sensor bung for mounting oxygen sensors. Weld on oxygen sensor bungs are need to mount o2 sensors in exhust systems. - Oxygen sensor bung and plug for aftermarket gauge sensors

That Tactrix cable is an old version. I would buy one from their website with the initialization jumper that you need:
tactrix

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-16-2008, 11:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I disagree on keeping the resonator on the stock mid-pipe. Does absolutely nothing for the car but hold exhaust back. Just get a shop to cut it out and just do a TBE.