Subaru WRX Forum banner

Buy used exhaust? Ebay?

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  eighth08 
#1 ·
Think this would be a good buy? Any possibility of having problems with it you think?

Link

#2 ·
mayhemsm said:
Think this would be a good buy? Any possibility of having problems with it you think?

Link

Thats the same EXACT exhaust I got. It sounds MEAN !Thumbs Up go for it bro. I got mine for 920 installed from slowboyracing. I like it allot and it sounds good. Def a good tone. www.slowboyracing.com have a STI with 580AWHP with that exhaust on it. Def a good buy

#4 ·
Yeah I think ill buy it. His auction canceled twice before due to not meeting the reserve of $450 but now its no reserve so I might take it. Little ding in resonator shouldn't do anything and a little road rash on the exhaust tip is no big deal either. Plus it'll save me a nice chunk of change so I can get my AP sooner.

#5 ·
mayhemsm said:
Yeah I think ill buy it. His auction canceled twice before due to not meeting the reserve of $450 but now its no reserve so I might take it. Little ding in resonator shouldn't do anything and a little road rash on the exhaust tip is no big deal either. Plus it'll save me a nice chunk of change so I can get my AP sooner.

If you want a sound clip of this exhaust let me know. Its on my 06 with supporting mods. So you know what your buying. Let me know and I can TRY and get a clip 2night.

#8 ·
Sweet, thanks for the info, that is the exact exhaust I want. Happy bidding against me!

J/K. I don't have any money for that. Invidia is a very high quality product, my friend has an invidia exhaust and the invidia DP on his 04 STI, it sounds like a ####ing racecar and shoots out flames down shifting. Although I don't know if he has the N1 or G200

#9 ·
I seen Supras shoot flames....How do we go about to have the car do this? It cant be healthy? Someone give me some insight please

Bro im getting a sound clip for you 2night any special request? Start up? Pulling out slow/fast? back pedals? !Thumbs Up

#11 ·
WRXtreme said:
Its called afterfire when you shoot flames. Its not uncommon to get it when you are running a catless exhaust, I get it every now and again. It basically sounds like a shotgun going off at the rear of your car.

I am catless...and I thnk it happend to me ONCE if that

I see supras at the drag do it ALL the time! argh it looks so bad ass lol !Thumbs Up

#12 ·
ManicsWrX said:
I seen Supras shoot flames....How do we go about to have the car do this? It cant be healthy? Someone give me some insight please

Bro im getting a sound clip for you 2night any special request? Start up? Pulling out slow/fast? back pedals? !Thumbs Up
Lol anything is fine, how loud is it? How's the sound inside the cabin very loud? Loud enuff to annoy the hell outa me after a few months? I gota drive atleast 80 miles a day for work.. I gave him an offer of $275 to buy it right now but he said he wants to wait till auction ends. So we'll see. I'f i bid i wont bid till the last 2 or 3 minutes. Thanks again man! !Thumbs Up

#13 ·
mayhemsm said:
Lol anything is fine, how loud is it? How's the sound inside the cabin very loud? Loud enuff to annoy the hell outa me after a few months? I gota drive atleast 80 miles a day for work.. I gave him an offer of $275 to buy it right now but he said he wants to wait till auction ends. So we'll see. I'f i bid i wont bid till the last 2 or 3 minutes. Thanks again man! !Thumbs Up
Depends on what u consider ANnoying loud. Mine came with a silencer and I have it removed. With a silencer id imagine its pretty quiet. I will get a in the car sound clip and a drive by and pull out sound clip. Will post it 2night most likely.

Yes loud....but a nice "hear my turbo spool and launch....gone" loud lol ROFL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.