Breakin her in - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

mikeWRX is an unknown
Break in last for 1000 miles. Try not going over 4000RPMs, and vary the engine speed. That's about all you need to know about breaking in the engine. Also try to take it easy on the brakes for the first hundred miles or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Darkstar is an unknown
Well its easier said than done. You need to go up or down in your rpms every few min. That will be very hard on a long trip like that if your doing most of it on the freeway. You may be tempted to say, ahh the hell with it, I am not doing this the whole trip. But if you do that, you could have just gotten a dealers demo car.

Well I hope things work out for you. 8)

One rex to rule them all, One rex to find them, One rex to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Subaru where the RE92s lie.
#3 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
Tao
WRXtuners Member

Tao is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tao
thanks for the info, ill be sure to take care of her on the way down... anyways im REALLY tired just got back from a car show (New Dimensions, Moffet Field) Saw some NICE VW's anyways... thanks!
#4 Old 12-31-1969, 07:00 PM
Tao
WRXtuners Member

Tao is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Tao
Breakin her in

I am FINALLY getting my WRX next week, My dad is helping me out by getting me a good loan, so the car has to be in his name which means i need to buy it in Oregon, anyways my question is I have an 800+ mile drive back from portland (to Santa Cruz) how will this affect my car, From what i have read here i shouldnt take it over 4000rpm, but after how many miles is the break in period over? This is my first new car, and i plan on keeping it for a looong time, so any suggestions would be appreciated.