BOV Probelm - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-10-2005, 10:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

power noob is an unknown
BOV Probelm

OK, I have a GReddy type-S installed on my 02' wrx and when I go it blows off but the sound is real real quite... Am I not making enough boost? Is my turbo messed up? When i just rev up i don't really hear anything at all and when im going its very quite like a whisper. What do you guys think my problem is?

When ever its real tight I hardlyl make a noise at all and I have surge compressions and when its too lose I can hardly hear it still and I think its blows off too much... Is it because i havn't found the median yet? What should I do? :eek:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-11-2005, 03:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

White02WRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to White02WRX
I just installed mine too. If you install that recirculating pipe you wont hear hardly anything. If you remove it is is loud and sounds badass. The only problem i have faced is needing to block the recirculating hose and my CEL comes on and off. Any of you know why it throws a code?
#3 Old 01-11-2005, 07:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
If you are running it with the recirculating tube open, that's what's causing your CEL. Get your code pulled and find out what the cause is, and then it will be easier to diagnose.
#4 Old 01-11-2005, 07:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

power noob is an unknown
ooo shiet! i did install the recirculating hose (the metal one, right?)

thats ok i guess, ill just go to subaru today, buy another, take the intercooler off, reroute everyting BLAH! ahahah what ever i bought this car to mod up anyways
#5 Old 01-11-2005, 08:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

power noob is an unknown
Could I ask you guys what the recirculating hose does?

And to fix this problem if its the metal pipe I put on should i take it off or is it something else?
#6 Old 01-11-2005, 01:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

White02WRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to White02WRX
THe recirculating hose takes the blow off nd puts it back into the intake and reuses the air. If you want the noise you have to take that off so it makes it atmospheric.

Cosmo, i still threw the CEL when i had the pipe on, ### i put it on to see if that was the problem and it went off the came back on so i figured it was not that. And The shouldnt be a problem since there is no sensor that will notice that the air is not there right? Cause from my understanding it is put back into the system after the sensors on the intake. Also does anyone know where i can get a plug for the recirculating hose? ### i know some kits make it completely atmospheric, so they need some sort of plug....?
#7 Old 01-31-2006, 09:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

twrx02 is an unknown
Exclamation Helppppp!!

im having a really big problem and ive searched and searched cant find anything related. i have the greddy rs bov i hooked it all up last nite the car did hesitat in the idle but nothing seemed to big to much of a problem at idle in neutral when i rev it the bov relaeased the air sound great, then i took it aruond the block my car was hardly moving once the the turbo started to spool the car would start jerking and the bov would make a really horrible nosie while i waz on the gas not off the pedal i have no idea whats going on i checked everything help!
#8 Old 01-31-2006, 09:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

jdmjones is an unknown
The HKS BOV comes with a metal cap to block off the the recirculating hose.Does any other BOV come with a cap?
#9 Old 01-31-2006, 10:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

twrx02 is an unknown
not the one i have
#10 Old 01-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Apparently an oldschool film case works.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#11 Old 02-04-2006, 03:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

bluedub is an unknown
would taking the recirculating hose off a stock BOV make it any louder? block the hose and everything, but leave the stock one
#12 Old 02-04-2006, 05:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Yes the volume of the stock bov would increase if you did this. If you choose to do this, make sure that the return tube is sealed very well.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)
#13 Old 02-06-2006, 08:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

octoparrot is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to octoparrot
A little bit off the thread but since were on the topic of BOV's....i like the sound of them but i also know of the downfalls. Is there one that provides a switchable mode to go from atmosphere vent to recirc? I just see myself hating that sound ALL the time. Once in a while its nice tho

OCTOPARROT
#14 Old 02-07-2006, 05:16 AM
WRXpert

bigbadbuddha is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to bigbadbuddha Send a message via MSN to bigbadbuddha
Quote:
Originally Posted by octoparrot
A little bit off the thread but since were on the topic of BOV's....i like the sound of them but i also know of the downfalls. Is there one that provides a switchable mode to go from atmosphere vent to recirc? I just see myself hating that sound ALL the time. Once in a while its nice tho
There are lots of dual port ones out there. I personally have the TurboSmart Dual port. Just a twist and its fully atmospheric. Close it off and regular driving is nice. But thump it and you'll get a nice sound. Not too loud just enough for a " what was that" people around.

Big Jae -
JDM version 7 bugeye
#15 Old 02-07-2006, 03:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

boostedwagon is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by octoparrot
http://www.gfb.com.au/index.php?pare...o#wrx_deceptor

Doesn't switch between atmosphere/recirc but is volume adjustable. Not worth the $ IMO