Bov - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 02-22-2005, 03:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

absolutexk is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to absolutexk
someone over on LISC.com said that the RFL bov was crap and that they needed 6 washers to close the valve at idle, but then it was too tight and caused turbo surge... but i run a stock wrx... anyone wanna shed some knowledge on the RFL on a stock WRX? good bad? any opinions on the greddy type s without recirc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 02-22-2005, 08:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
See, the thing most people are missing, is that whether the valve vents to atmosphere or recirculates, that air is not going into the intake anyways. Yes, in the case of a recirculating valve, the air is still in the intake tract somewhere, but this is not a large amount of air, nor does it happen over the course of several seconds. If that was the case, yes, it probably would make it run rich. But, it happens for a split second and it is a very small amount of air. And, the valve opens when you let off the throttle, which tells the ECU to cut the fuel anyways. So, no, they don't make any car I've ever had a wideband on run rich. I don't claim to know how they work on an Eclipse, or on a Supra, or any other turbocharged car, but on a WRX, they do not. Period.
#18 Old 02-22-2005, 06:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bullit is an unknown
If I get a RFL from turboxs, does it come with a plug for the inlet pipe? How much do they run for if they are sold seperately?
#19 Old 02-22-2005, 07:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Antyoo is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobiyashi
RSX's as a rule can have some issues on outside venting
arent RSX's MAP based, and there for dont meter the air comming into the system but instead measure the pressure in the manifold?
#20 Old 02-22-2005, 07:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
If I get a RFL from turboxs, does it come with a plug for the inlet pipe? How much do they run for if they are sold seperately?
If you get the WRX kit, it comes with the plug and adapter plate. If you buy just the BOV, that's all you get.
#21 Old 03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

05bluewrx is an unknown
Rich Conditions

I just put the type-h on mine, it did run rich at first but that was due to the BOV not being tuned right, i had to throw a couple of washers in there to tighten the spring up and it now idles perfect, never drops real low and back up.. Now for other cars, my 2g eclipse I just sold for my WRX it did how ever run rich and die a lot from venting to the atmosphere... to kinda answer 2 posting questions I had the greddy type-s on there and it sounded good venting to atmosphere it is loud and sounds good, but on eclipses the air is metered by the maf and when the air is dumped back into the tract there is fuel to compensate for the amount of air that is suppose to be dumped back into the tubing... So as long as the BOV is tuned right your WRX should not be running rich and stalling.
#22 Old 03-07-2005, 12:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

wi_wrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wi_wrx
Im still waiting for my BOV stupid flange is on 2 week backorder !Cry!

But they took off another $10 i guess thats ok
#23 Old 03-07-2005, 08:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Dragggn714 is an unknown
Talking

The HKS is good. I have it on my wrx and it sounds great. Running full boost it is load as hell. HKS sells a recirculating piece for 12 bucks on there website that attaches to the BOV. And about the backfires, it's from no cats. I have none and it pops and farts all the time.
#24 Old 03-10-2005, 10:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

wi_wrx is an unknown
finally got my BOV ill be putting it on tomorrow as well as my Greddy turbo timer, TXS Uppipe and UTEC
#25 Old 03-11-2005, 01:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

norcalwrx is an unknown
get the hks bov they are hella good, never break down
#26 Old 03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Actually, yes, they do. Three of the ones around here have gone bad. Mine included. Everything wears out. If you are running much more boost than stock, expect to get about a year out of an HKS BOV...
#27 Old 03-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Are there ways to "rebuild" it, or is it basically a fancy paper weight when it goes bad?

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#28 Old 03-12-2005, 10:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

I haven't heard of anyone rebuilding it, but I'm sure you can. Most people just buy a new one.
#29 Old 03-12-2005, 01:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

wi_wrx is an unknown
I finally got my BOV installed lastnight (among many other things.) All around i would have to say that i like the TXS RFL BOV. Its loud and doesnt sputter out like the TXS type-h. I also like the sound of this one over the HKS its not a high pitched. One thing i havent decided if i like yet or not is that it blows off realy loud even at only 3000 rpm... Over all im happy.