bolt on questions. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-07-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

herms_blu_beauty is an unknown
bolt on questions.

Basically what i want to do is simple mods. Im looking at the srs turbo back exhaust on ebay, and was wondering will i see anygains from this system without tunning? I really want to get my full exhaust, k&n intake, front and rear sway bars...prob the eibach street kit, and maybe a sti intercooler. I have already purchased boost,oil,and egt guages. I just want to know if i need to buy a tuuner first b4 i purchase anything. Id like to just have a 2002 wrx with the power of a sti. Is this possible with the stock turbo? If not where does the turbo really start running out of breath. Im not interested in purchasing a turbo for this car because i have a project car already. I just want it a bit faster and to handle better. Thanks for the replys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-07-2010, 04:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
I know for a fact that exhaust will yield gains untuned. I'm also sure that it's not a good idea to run it untuned, and it's retarded loud. If you often drive more than an hour on the freeway, you'll want to kill yourself. The drone is ridiculous.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #3 of 7 Old 11-07-2010, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

So i guess i should save up the mulah and buy a cobb tunner? Whcih one should i get?
post #4 of 7 Old 11-07-2010, 05:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Get a version 2. That's the best thing to buy right now.
Tune = some power safely
Bolt ons w/o tune= some power unsafely
Bolt ons + tune= more power safely

It's step 1 any way you look at it.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
post #5 of 7 Old 11-08-2010, 06:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That exhaust isn't THAT loud. I ran it on both my old Subies.... no fitment issues whatsoever.....

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #6 of 7 Old 11-10-2010, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I take it the cobb stage 2 wett net me hp gains alone? And it will allow me to run my exh. intake and anything else i decide to do to the motor itself...which isnt much. I was also wondering what kind of hp can i expect to get out of the turbo without taking it out of its efficiency range?
post #7 of 7 Old 11-10-2010, 11:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by herms_blu_beauty View Post
I take it the cobb stage 2 wett net me hp gains alone? Yes, with a tune and or OTS map. And it will allow me to run my exh. intake and anything else i decide to do to the motor itself...which isnt much. I was also wondering what kind of hp can i expect to get out of the turbo without taking it out of its efficiency range? There isn't anything specific really, all cars are NOT created equally.
How's that ?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3