blow through set up - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-13-2006, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
blow through set up

im interested in running a blow through set up, however im not sure where to place the mas sensor, any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-13-2006, 12:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

ScoobyWRX is an unknown
Relocate your MAF after the BOV.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-13-2006, 12:59 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Do you plan on duing it with a TMIC or FMIC.It would be alot easier to do with a FMIC.They are alway selling the MAF flanges on Ebay.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #4 of 11 Old 09-15-2006, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

im doing it on a TMI...im going to keep that set up...but where exactly after the blow off valve, im also running an hks SSQV if that makes a difference
post #5 of 11 Old 09-15-2006, 06:13 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Night
im doing it on a TMI...im going to keep that set up...but where exactly after the blow off valve, im also running an hks SSQV if that makes a difference
Then it would have to go between the intercooler and the throttlebody.Are you doing this yourself?

post #6 of 11 Old 09-16-2006, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

yeah i do all the work to my car myself, already done clutch, flywheel, downpipe, up-pipe, boost controller which has been taken off, intake, things like that...thanks for all the help guys
post #7 of 11 Old 09-16-2006, 06:14 PM
WRXpert

FYI: you will need to have the MAF perfectly centered and in a 65mm inner diameter pipe.Custom tune is highly recommended as well as some professional help.Not sure if the MAF and IAT sensor will handle being under boost.No offense,but if you couldn't figure out where the MAF was suposed to go,this might not be the project for you.It's alittle more involved than just moving the MAF sensor.

post #8 of 11 Old 09-17-2006, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

haha no offense taken...obviously the tune i cant do myself, but as far as the actual work i know im capable of, but thankyou for the heads up

P.S.....the reason i asked where it went is because ive heard three different locations so i was kinda confused, not that i had no clue whatsoever
post #9 of 11 Old 09-18-2006, 09:46 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
haha no offense taken...obviously the tune i cant do myself, but as far as the actual work i know im capable of, but thankyou for the heads up

P.S.....the reason i asked where it went is because ive heard three different locations so i was kinda confused, not that i had no clue whatsoever
I really haven't seen anyone do it with a top mount because the space is so limited between the intercooler and the throttlebody.You can barley fit a coupling in there.If you remove the coupling and re install the tmic and measure the distance between the tb and tmic openings you will see they are close to touching inside the coupling.Much easier to use a FMIC because you have a lot of piping to work with from the FMIC outlet to the throttlebody.Much better options for mounting.Are you just doing this to run an atmospheric bov?

post #10 of 11 Old 09-18-2006, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

well, yes and no....ive also read that its better to relocate it to run a cai....that way it doesnt lean anything out
post #11 of 11 Old 09-18-2006, 05:21 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
well, yes and no....ive also read that its better to relocate it to run a cai....that way it doesnt lean anything out
Nope.The lean issue is caused by the intake diameter not being same as stock,MAF not being properly aligned in the aftermaket intake,MAF mounted to close to a bend(turbulence) or to much oil on an oiled filter.Doesn't do any other benifit but to allow you to run an atmospheric bov with out issues.