Subaru WRX Forum banner

Blouch Big 16G

12K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  clord05wrx 
#1 ·
Just got my new turbo !Thumbs Up This should bolt straigt on correct?? Thanks in advance for the respone

#6 ·
The stock injectors are tiny. You can max them out with the stock turbo. I'd wager without injector upgrades and a turbo that big you'll make less torque than a stage 2 wrx would. It's really a required upgrade to use that turbo effectively. You'll also need a TMIC or else you'll limit horribly on the top end as well.

Yes, throwing a big turbo on without enough fuel and without enough cooling can actually reduce your performance.

#9 ·
The wastegate on the stock turbo went so instead of just getting the wastegate then doing a turbo later anyway I decided just to do the turbo. Ill now be looking into some injectors and the STi intercooler.

#11 ·
## gonna be runnin low psi with the stockers. if ## not gonna beat or race i guess u could do them but that juat defies the point of gettin a bigger turbo loll. im runnin b16g myslf but stock tmic. i dont feel much lag at high rpm since im at 13 psi but i dont spool till like 3000rpm. if u on a budget, grab an ebay tmic. ther huge but u need to extension for the y pipe. im sellin an ebay tmic 24x12x4.5 and i extended the y pipe to fit. let me no if ## interested. its basically brand new. 100miles on it

#12 ·
If you have stock injectors and stock TMIC, the best thing you can do is leave the stock turbo in there. "Upgrading" is counter-productive. Leave the 16G on the shelf until you can afford some more parts.

#14 ·
Should have the STi intercooler soon and going to get the injectors too. Also getting rid of my bov and going with the perrin recirc since when I bought my car used it had a bov on it and I dont have a stock one to put back on

#16 ·
When you get that BPV make sure to check to it, I run it. You need to make sure the pressure on the BPV is correct or it will either sound like you have compressor surge, or wont build boost properly. Its too easy to adjust though. Get the car tuned, run it, see where you are at. If it needs to be adjusted, do it a quarter turn at a time, either softer, or harder.And definetley be sure that the BPV top has at least two threads on it, I blew mine off at 22PSI on a pull, lol.

#26 ·
Ok guys quick update with the turbo situation. STi top mount should be delivered today! Checked the fedex tracking and it is in transit. Also yesterday did the fuel pump walbro 255lph. Tight budget has not allowed me to order the perrin recirc but I am bidding on a stock bpv on ebay. injectors will most likely be stock sti injectors or some 650cc injectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.