blitz nur spec r exhaust / gt spec headers - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-17-2005, 06:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

ja9rod9 is an unknown
blitz nur spec r exhaust / gt spec headers

hey guys... right now i have gt spec headers, helix catless downpipe, and some aftermarket uppipe and a hks hi power exhaust. im thinking about replacing the hks exhaust with the blitz nur spec r exhaust. ( i want a deeper rumble ) haha but my freind was telling me that since i have the gt spec headers the exhaust wouldnt be as loud/deep if i had the regular manifold on. i was wondering how much difference is there>? ### i like the sound wiht the regular manifold, and plus the blitz exhaust is one of the loudest if not the loudest exhaust out. can the headers make that much of a sound difference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-17-2005, 06:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
In addition to hurting power output, the headers do make your engine slightly louder.
#3 Old 05-17-2005, 06:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

ja9rod9 is an unknown
ya my freind told me that if my car wasnt tuned it would lose some power but he thinks my car was tuned before i bought it because my car is just as fast as his and he tuned his and also he has the turbo xs utec... and he has the blitz exhaust and his sounds really nice .. he told me it woudlnt sound as loud as his because of hte headers .. is that true?
#4 Old 05-18-2005, 07:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Well, there's no "tuning" you can do for headers...

But, anyways, headers should make a car louder, regardless of other mods.
#5 Old 05-18-2005, 03:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

leewmlds is an unknown
the header on my car made the exhaust a little louder. then the factory manifold
#6 Old 06-15-2005, 10:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nelson0639 is an unknown
i have the Blitz nurspec R catback, perrin down pipe.. The car is SO loud. when the TT is counting down and i am in my house the plates are rattling in the cabinants. It sounds great in my opinion.
#7 Old 07-31-2005, 01:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Mlandinez is an unknown
Also have Nur Spec Cat

I think the Nur Spec Cat back sound sick, and after I put my perrin downpipe its even louder, i love it. Any Ideas if the Silencer on will slow you down??....I had to put it on because of my neighbors they are too old, and On the highway my GF hate it..
#8 Old 08-01-2005, 01:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Antyoo is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlandinez
I think the Nur Spec Cat back sound sick, and after I put my perrin downpipe its even louder, i love it. Any Ideas if the Silencer on will slow you down??....I had to put it on because of my neighbors they are too old, and On the highway my GF hate it..
my N1 exhsaust came with a silencer

i would rather run the stock cat back, than any aftermarket exhaust with a silencer installed in the tip. the silencer made my car run like crap