BG 44K...whoa. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 02-19-2008, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ColoWRXer is more helpful than not
BG 44K...whoa.

First off, i want to assure everyone that i am in no way connected with the BG company. In fact, i used to work at a suby dealership that partenered with BG and i harbored resentments against the comapny since i had to convince a bunch of poor saps to buy a bunch of unnecessary services and fluids....that said....

I have an 05 rex and am approaching 30k, so i was stocking up on stuff to do a bunch of services (tranyy and diff fluid, oil, brake fluid, coolant, etc.). I had heard good things about the BG 44K, it's as in-tank fuel system cleaner, so i figured i'd fork over the ridiculous $25 and buy a can.

I was incredibly impressed. I know these cleaners don't get great reviews, but i would go as far as to say that the increase in power and smoothness i got after adding this stuff to my tank rivaled the results i got from going stage 2 with an AP. very noticable power increase across the powerband as well as a smoother powerband. I don't think my butt-dyno is lying here, my expectations were'nt very high.

anyone else had similar/ different results from this product? what happens when i need to fill up again with no 44K in my tank? just thought i'd post with my opinions and see what others think.....

-colowrxer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
BG44K is the real deal and good stuff but $$$ compared to Seafoam is just not worth it.Seafoam does just a good of a job and runs about $6 a can.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 13 Old 02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
wait whats this bg stuff.... an octane booster or fuel system cleaner...?? sorry if thats a stupid ques..
just cant see you getting a big performance diffrence in just a fuel system cleaning....
post #4 of 13 Old 02-20-2008, 06:33 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PVMNT View Post
just cant see you getting a big performance diffrence in just a fuel system cleaning....
I guess you have not been around fuel injected cars very long.I have had numerous sets of injectors sent out and professionally cleaned to find some came back flowing almost 20cc over the intial baseline before cleaning.Some/most injectors have filter baskets inside them.Both the BG44K and Seafoam can be run through the tank for fuel system cleaning or directly injested in the intake tract for combustion chamber cleaning.

post #5 of 13 Old 02-20-2008, 08:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Awesome, I'm very close to 30k and I'll be doing around the same thing, minus the tranny fluid which I did at 25k. I'm definitely going with Seafoam for 6 bones a can, thanks Ron. What do you guys recommend for brake fluid? Sorry for the slight t/j ColoWRXer.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #6 of 13 Old 02-20-2008, 10:16 AM
b7g
WRXtuners Member

b7g is an unknown
where can one buy this bg 44k? It used to be sold through napa. I went few tmes recently and they don't have this product anymore.

On point... Few years back i had a modded Mirage in which, after picking up some crappy gas in middle of Nevada desert and running the tank low after, one of the injectors clogged. I was trying to use different methods available to me to unclog it, but unsuccessfully. One of the old timers, a friend of mine, recommended this 44k product. Guess what, it unclogged the injector! It is expensive, but it certainly works...

So yeah, where can i find some?

drive = freedom
post #7 of 13 Old 02-20-2008, 12:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
!Laugh!A MIRAGE!! haha sorry i have to laigh about that one...
post #8 of 13 Old 02-20-2008, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

wow, thanks for all the responses guys....

so, to answer the questions i remember: I bought it at advance auto parts. went to pep boys also but they said they don't carry any BG products. it is advertised as a fuel system cleaner, not an octane booster.

so, to repeat my biggest question, do these performance improvements last after i run through my treated tank of gas? i would assume that since it's a cleaner and not an octane booster that the answer is yes. i just couldn't believe the results came after only 20or 30 miles of driving on the treated tank of gas....do the results continue to increase?

so the seafoam stuff sounds good, but it makes me wonder why it costs a quarter of what the 44K does yet works just as well??? whomakes the seafoam and where can i buy it?...also, i was surprised how gunked up my fuel system was after 30K. I always use 91 octane (colorado) from shell (heard somewhere that was one of the highest quality fuels). Maybe in both these cases cost doesn't really mean quality (damnit, i'm a sucker!)

so, sorry about all the questions, i'm just really intruiged by this stuff.

thanks again.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-20-2008, 12:58 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by b7g View Post
here are 4 cans of it eBay Motors: BG 44K 4 CANS FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER CHEVY TOYOTA FORD NR! (item 330212501299 end time Feb-22-08 15:59:43 PST)

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #10 of 13 Old 02-21-2008, 06:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

07wrxMasta is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoWRXer View Post
wow, thanks for all the responses guys....

so, to answer the questions i remember: I bought it at advance auto parts. went to pep boys also but they said they don't carry any BG products. it is advertised as a fuel system cleaner, not an octane booster.

so, to repeat my biggest question, do these performance improvements last after i run through my treated tank of gas? i would assume that since it's a cleaner and not an octane booster that the answer is yes. i just couldn't believe the results came after only 20or 30 miles of driving on the treated tank of gas....do the results continue to increase?

so the seafoam stuff sounds good, but it makes me wonder why it costs a quarter of what the 44K does yet works just as well??? whomakes the seafoam and where can i buy it?...also, i was surprised how gunked up my fuel system was after 30K. I always use 91 octane (colorado) from shell (heard somewhere that was one of the highest quality fuels). Maybe in both these cases cost doesn't really mean quality (damnit, i'm a sucker!)

so, sorry about all the questions, i'm just really intruiged by this stuff.

thanks again.
Well we actually had a representative from BG come into my Auto Mechanics class and demonstrated all of their products. Yes the performance improvements will last just because everything has a much better flow than it did before you used the 44k. He also compared the seafoam to the 44kand test pictures showed that the 44k workes something like 100 times better or something. Have you tried the BG MOA (motor oil additive) It will protect your engine and block out all of the corrosive chemicals in oil such as the sulfuric acid (why you would put sulfuric acid in a car I dont know). Check out their website at bgprod.com and they used to have video demonstrations of their porducts working and also have their complete line of products.
post #11 of 13 Old 02-21-2008, 06:30 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by b7g View Post
where can one buy this bg 44k? It used to be sold through napa. I went few tmes recently and they don't have this product anymore.

On point... Few years back i had a modded Mirage in which, after picking up some crappy gas in middle of Nevada desert and running the tank low after, one of the injectors clogged. I was trying to use different methods available to me to unclog it, but unsuccessfully. One of the old timers, a friend of mine, recommended this 44k product. Guess what, it unclogged the injector! It is expensive, but it certainly works...

BG Findashop

post #12 of 13 Old 02-21-2008, 09:48 AM
b7g
WRXtuners Member

b7g is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PVMNT View Post
!Laugh!A MIRAGE!! haha sorry i have to laigh about that one...
it ran 14.2 in quarter mile. But was more show... Thank for the aknowladgement

great idea, ebay for Red Line, why not ebay for BG?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Thank you, there are 3 stores close to my house that might have it.

drive = freedom
post #13 of 13 Old 02-22-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

07wrxmasta- I'll have to check out the site. i must say i am skeptical of companies so-called unbiased testing of their products...though i do buy shell gas...that commercial where they show valves after driving 5k on shell gas and on discount gas and one valve looks nasty and the shell valve looks perfect makes me skeptical, but if it's an honest study i'm glad i spend the extra dough on their v-power crap.

regardless of how much better 44k is than seafoam, i don't think 25 bucks is too extravagant for a proven product that you only need every year or two.