Best timing Belt Kit ?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-20-2009, 08:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

diabelek is an unknown
Arrow Best timing Belt Kit ??

Hi guys!

Subaru Wrx 2003

It time for me to upgrade my timing belts since my wrx has about 80,000 and recently was upgraded with sti package and dyno. I'm worried the belts might snap while hardcore driving. I need sugesstions on what brands sell the best timing belts kit that will include:

Timing Belt
Timing Belt Idler Smooth
Timing Belt Idler Sprocket Cogged
Tming Belt Idler
Timing Idler Bolt
Hydraulic Adjuster Bearing
Water pump

My mechanic recommended changing everything since it will be all included in the labor and it;s best to switch everything, since if something goes once just the belts are changed i will have to pay again for the same labor.

I'm currently looking at Gates Timing belt Kit on ebay that goes for $250.00

Any other suggestions >?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-13-2009, 01:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

yamasubaruge is an unknown
Look into "timingbeltkitpro" at smallcarparts dot com, I just ordered a kit for our 02 dubya wagon. If they dont have your kit just call and they will assemble one for you cheap and with good parts. My ucle's friend's suby needed a timingbelt so he did his research and found them, he sade it was nice to have all the right parts there when he needed them. My friend and me replaced the timingbelt on his 04 outback sport and it ended up taking 2 1/2 days because almost all the parts he got before were the wrong one's! GOOD LUCK!
#3 Old 12-13-2009, 09:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
I would really just get the Water Pump, Timing belt, and the hydraulic tenisoner. Don't waste your money on the cog pulleys unless they are damaged they don't really wear out. Another good idea is to replace your thermostat with a new one, and look at your other two belts and upper and lower radiator hoses, they are cheap and you might be glad to replace all those before they break. Just a few ideas for you.
#4 Old 01-18-2010, 08:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

edge_as is an unknown
Power Enterprises makes awesome timing belts

edgeautosport.com
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle.
#5 Old 09-10-2010, 11:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I can't tell if the last post was spam or not. The timing belt should be good for 100k miles (not 60k) - that's when Subaru recommends changing it. If you want to do it earlier, then either (1) you drive your car extremely hard and that's awesome or (2) good for you for staying well ahead of your regularly scheduled maintenance.

John
07 WRX