best FMIC?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-07-2008, 02:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

subarooster is an unknown
best FMIC??

anybody with an FMIC?? any recomendations?? i'm looking into one but really have no idea cuzz i never looked into one but now i am so.......anyone??? thnx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

04paulieWRX is an unknown
perrin stelath...its all black and you can barely see it. it is also $1000+
#3 Old 08-08-2008, 12:22 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I agree with getting a "stealth" one. Im personally not keen on a big silver IC showing through the bumper. APS is a great product but expensive. Any name brand will do you right.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

i was hoping for a chrome one....lol i sort of actually want it to be quite visible from the front
#5 Old 08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Turbo XS is probably going to be the cheapest name brand fmic you will find.
#6 Old 08-11-2008, 03:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

^^^thnx how's the performance on that??
#7 Old 08-11-2008, 10:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
Ive got the knock off Turbo XS (CSS, don't buy from them). It's a little laggy down low, but after you get a tune, its not so bad. I've got a lot more top end now. Personally lag doesn't bother me because it means i'm getting some decent mpg's. And If I need some power, downshift and its right there.
#8 Old 08-12-2008, 08:45 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
You match the intercooler to the size of your turbo.Not all FMIC's are the same size as far as core and charge pipe diameter.What turbo do you have?

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#9 Old 08-13-2008, 11:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

stock....td04 i believe?? or is it tdo4?? anyways...all FMIC will fit that one or no??
#10 Old 08-13-2008, 01:36 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Stock is a TD04 (with a zero) and what dumdum is getting at is that the stock TD04 is quite small and you're talking about fairly large intercoolers. They're way overkill and will add lag to your setup without netting any power gains. In other words, you will spend money and have a slower car.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#11 Old 08-17-2008, 10:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

aright well what do u guys think of blitz?? (by the way i'm Mosc i'm just getting this ahead of time i plan on a turbo swap it's just that i can't wait for the looks to be done lol). does anybody have blitz and any comments?? my main concern was is it very simple to instal or do u do u have to do some bullshit?? n i heard something about it it fitting with the intake or watever??
#12 Old 08-18-2008, 03:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

ajtoce is more helpful than not
actually mosc, i read an article last week in import tuner i think (i was at pepboys i dont remember what magazine) and they put a fmic on a stock '08 WRX and it put up some pretty significant numbers.they did mention lag as a problem but not so much after a protune. its def. worth installing first if you dont have a new turbo yet. and maybe even if you dont plan on a new turbo. i guess it just depends if you will sacrifice a slight lag for a pretty good speed boost.
#13 Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

Jcarv20 is an unknown
I'm gonna guess the extra displacement helped
#14 Old 08-18-2008, 09:41 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
actually mosc, i read an article last week in import tuner i think (i was at pepboys i dont remember what magazine) and they put a fmic on a stock '08 WRX and it put up some pretty significant numbers.they did mention lag as a problem but not so much after a protune. its def. worth installing first if you dont have a new turbo yet. and maybe even if you dont plan on a new turbo. i guess it just depends if you will sacrifice a slight lag for a pretty good speed boost.
Modified mag did a famous article where they did a "WRX catback review" in which they supposedly tested all these catbacks. Now, we all know the 02-07 WRX doesn't respond much to a new catback. Usually zero gain. Now, they claimed their selection of catbacks made somewhere between 11 and 27 hp each.

Just saying, there are a shitload of junky "tuner" magazines out there. I suggest Sport Compact Magazine if you actually are interested in facts.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#15 Old 08-18-2008, 05:39 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajtoce View Post
And if they would have gone with an upgraded TMIC they would have seen zero lag increase and spent less money........you just don't see the big picture.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!