Subaru WRX Forum banner

best FMIC??

17K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  subarooster 
#1 ·
anybody with an FMIC?? any recomendations?? i'm looking into one but really have no idea cuzz i never looked into one but now i am so.......anyone??? thnx ;)

#7 ·
Ive got the knock off Turbo XS (CSS, don't buy from them). It's a little laggy down low, but after you get a tune, its not so bad. I've got a lot more top end now. Personally lag doesn't bother me because it means i'm getting some decent mpg's. And If I need some power, downshift and its right there:D.

#10 ·
Stock is a TD04 (with a zero) and what dumdum is getting at is that the stock TD04 is quite small and you're talking about fairly large intercoolers. They're way overkill and will add lag to your setup without netting any power gains. In other words, you will spend money and have a slower car.

#11 ·
aright well what do u guys think of blitz?? (by the way i'm Mosc i'm just getting this ahead of time i plan on a turbo swap it's just that i can't wait for the looks to be done lol). does anybody have blitz and any comments?? my main concern was is it very simple to instal or do u do u have to do some bullshit?? n i heard something about it it fitting with the intake or watever??

#12 ·
actually mosc, i read an article last week in import tuner i think (i was at pepboys i dont remember what magazine) and they put a fmic on a stock '08 WRX and it put up some pretty significant numbers.they did mention lag as a problem but not so much after a protune. its def. worth installing first if you dont have a new turbo yet. and maybe even if you dont plan on a new turbo. i guess it just depends if you will sacrifice a slight lag for a pretty good speed boost.

#14 ·
Modified mag did a famous article where they did a "WRX catback review" in which they supposedly tested all these catbacks. Now, we all know the 02-07 WRX doesn't respond much to a new catback. Usually zero gain. Now, they claimed their selection of catbacks made somewhere between 11 and 27 hp each.

Just saying, there are a shitload of junky "tuner" magazines out there. I suggest Sport Compact Magazine if you actually are interested in facts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.