Subaru WRX Forum banner

the best exhaust???

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Cosmo 
#1 ·
what is the best exhaust power wise, and sound wise for the WRX??? i've been lookin at the APEX'i N1 exhaust, cause it's a good price, and the power gain seems good. what u think???

#7 ·
Turbo Magazine did a shoot out of turbo back exhausts in the May 03 issue. They tested 7 different set ups, all very expensive (HKS was the cheapest at 865. But all others were SS too...) If you are interested I can drop the #'s but the average price is almost $1400 so I won't take the time unless you really want to know=)

#8 ·
I have the turbo mag "WRX tuning attack" with the turbo back system test in it...I was thinking of going with just a cat back for now, and see what that gets me on the old butt-dyno. My problem now is that I have conflictimg information: Worldone tells me there is no cat-back system that replaces the mid-pipe (3rd cat on a stock 03 wrx) and motormatrix tells me that the cat back systems replace the mid pipe removing the last cat in the system - which is it. I guess I need replies from people how have installed cat back systems (HKS, Invidia, etc) to tell me what exactly gets replaced with a cat back. I understand the turbo-back system, kind of hard not to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.