LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#46 Old 07-14-2005, 05:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

02 SCOOBY is an unknown
Will U Agree Cosmo????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#47 Old 07-14-2005, 07:52 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to IBAUCLAPlaya
^^^Another BS flag has been raised by me. A BOV doesn't prolong the life of your turbo. The stock bypass valve does just fine, if not better than the aftermarket ones, that is up to about 21 psi. Preventing turbo lag, that is BS as well. Turbo lag is just the time it takes for the exhaust to flow fast enough through the turbo to spool up the intake side of the turbo. Stops backpressure? I think not. Yeah a BOV will prevent the turbo from spinning backwards, but the stock bypass valve again does as good of a job if not better than an aftermarket, up to about 21 psi. It doesn't keep you at a higher boost either, and the level of boost has no relation to lag. I might have said a few things wrong but basically the only thing you said right in your post was they make a cool noise and it doesn't make you go faster. Please know what you are talking about before trying to give advice.
#48 Old 07-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBAUCLAPlaya
^^^Another BS flag has been raised by me. A BOV doesn't prolong the life of your turbo. The stock bypass valve does just fine, if not better than the aftermarket ones, that is up to about 21 psi. Preventing turbo lag, that is BS as well. Turbo lag is just the time it takes for the exhaust to flow fast enough through the turbo to spool up the intake side of the turbo. Stops backpressure? I think not. Yeah a BOV will prevent the turbo from spinning backwards, but the stock bypass valve again does as good of a job if not better than an aftermarket, up to about 21 psi. It doesn't keep you at a higher boost either, and the level of boost has no relation to lag. I might have said a few things wrong but basically the only thing you said right in your post was they make a cool noise and it doesn't make you go faster. Please know what you are talking about before trying to give advice.
I concur.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#49 Old 07-14-2005, 09:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

02 SCOOBY is an unknown
ya ok srub! www.xxtunning.com u dont know shiet
#50 Old 07-14-2005, 10:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

My05WRX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to My05WRX
Ok douchebag. Your link doesnt work and IBAUCLAPlaya is right. You dont know shit. Dont mean to be a jerk but dont go spouting off to a respected forum member.
#51 Old 07-15-2005, 12:00 PM

IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful IBAUCLAPlaya is known to be trustworthy and helpful
And that website means what to me? Are you trying to tell me that they told you all that information about a BOV? For some reason I can't believe that because they are one of the most respected UTEC tuners in the USA and they wouldn't feed bullshit information to somebody like that.
#52 Old 07-15-2005, 03:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

02 SCOOBY is an unknown
www.xxtuning.com douchebag? nice but no
#53 Old 07-16-2005, 05:48 PM

And you are trying to tell me what by giving me that website?
#54 Old 07-17-2005, 06:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

02 SCOOBY is an unknown
that when ## chump ass can keep up with my car or any of my boys toys then talk ## shit! other wise go buy a shop and learn to be a mechanic! then u can hang with the big guys!
#55 Old 07-17-2005, 09:14 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 SCOOBY
that when ## chump ass can keep up with my car or any of my boys toys then talk ## shit! other wise go buy a shop and learn to be a mechanic! then u can hang with the big guys!
First off, it probably not good to mouth off to a moderator. And more importantly, you may be able to get away with that attitude on NASIOC, but we more mature about it here. We don't appreciate that kind of nonsense in this community. No point of getting all angry and defensive about a post. We're all WRX enthusists here.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#56 Old 07-18-2005, 02:10 PM

I just don't understand why he is defensive when he is wrong?
#57 Old 07-18-2005, 03:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Jave is more helpful than not
he does seem like he has been on NASIOC a little to much doesnt he?
#58 Old 07-18-2005, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
Quote:
BOV for all you that dont know is to release pressure! it make a sweet noise especially TURBO XS, or HKS, and prolongs the life of your turbo! also it stops the back pressure so when u switch gears it prevents the turbo from spinning backwards! (FOR ALL U NOBBIES) and prevents what some call turbo lag! IF U WANT TO BE ALL TECHINCAL! no oviously it dont make u go faster but again makes the turbo last longer and keeps u at a higher boost instead of getting more lag!
Quote:
Will U Agree Cosmo????
You're sort of right, but not really. What both a bypass valve and a blow off valve do is relieve pressure in the intake, which prevents the air from backing up on the turbo. That air slows it down, but doesn't make it spin backwards. A bypass valve prevents the turbo from slowing down by venting the air back into the intake before the turbo, which keeps the compressor wheel spinning. A blow off valve vents the pressure to the atmosphere.

Both do the same thing, just go about it in different ways. Neither is more beneficial than the other one.
#59 Old 07-18-2005, 04:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxtacy19 is an unknown
Quote:
dont worry guys that guys car is RICE its barely a stage 2
#60 Old 07-19-2005, 12:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

9d2TSi is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to 9d2TSi Send a message via MSN to 9d2TSi
Chad and Matt, you guys take way too much shit from some people. I can understand that you guys want to be cool and all, but stand up for yourselves. Time to break out the heavy 12's and start booting.

I guess that's why I can't be a mod. If people can't play nice, they gotta go.

As for the original question, Tial bov's are the best, period. I'm pretty positive that there aren't any "kits" for the WRX, but you can always have a flange welded for one.

My car is well, it's like 10 lbs of shit in a 5 lb bag...

<------ Click to see what I'm workin' with. ;)