Subaru WRX Forum banner

ATP Turbo?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
ok so I have been considering this turbo from ATP. It is a GT3071R, stock location. I haven't heard a lot about this company and am trying to get some info on them. If anyone is running there turbo or has heard anything please chime in. I was considering the Blouch Dom 3, But have heard they have problems holding peak boost. Here is the link below.

GT3071R Turbo Kit for Subaru WRX/STI, stock location: atpturbo.com

#5 ·
Thanks for the replys guys. PPG's will be going in this spring, before the turbo, so i'm not worried about the trans. I can deal with the lag untill next summer when a 2.5 shortblock, forged pistons, p&p heads, and cams will be going in. But then again like shoaf tells us "power is just a down shift away".

#8 ·
that's total speculation that's pretty hard, especially because I don't know your drag racing experience.

Cars with 2.5L and GT30Rs though are generally around 11s though, give or take a ton

you can use a site like this:
Estimate ET for Quarter Mile using Horsepower

but they're not set up for AWD so you have to knock some of your HP off. Maybe like 10% off of flywheel would get you in the ballpark (we have about 10% more losses in the drivetrain than a RWD car does). More if you're inexperienced. Figure something like 450 flywheel HP? put in 400 & 3400lbs and it spits out 11.9
That's about as good as anybody's going to give you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.