Aps?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-29-2005, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

PJ WRX 09 is an unknown
Aps??

Is the APS exhaust a good exhaust, and does it have good results and good sound?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-29-2005, 01:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxtacy19 is an unknown
yea my brother had it on his car. Its top quality and the sound is great.
post #3 of 10 Old 11-29-2005, 05:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

nick4592 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to nick4592 Send a message via MSN to nick4592 Send a message via Yahoo to nick4592
APS products are all around top quality...just a little pricey

"Life's a bowl of punch so go ahead and Spike it!" -311
post #4 of 10 Old 11-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
What they ^^^ said, good stuff

My turbo's fixed and a lot better =)
post #5 of 10 Old 12-03-2005, 06:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

treystoys is an unknown
I'm running a full 3" APS turbo back and their up-pipe, with a cobb stage 2/93 base map, I ran 13.54 @99.5 wednesday night...the exhaust is very nice...well worth the coin in my opinion.

Trey
post #6 of 10 Old 12-05-2005, 06:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

eighth08 is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to eighth08
i have never heard any bad about APS besides price.. but sometimes you get what you pay for so you cant really go wrong spending more on the APS

Gregory-
keep it in the dirt.
post #7 of 10 Old 12-26-2005, 06:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx0r is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wrx0r
Hey Trey

I am looking at the APS 3" turbo back for my 2004 WRX. I have 2 concerns: Emissions testing and O2/EGT sensors.

I intend to run without a catalytic converter on track. I assume the high flow catalytic converter will get me past emissions on the street. Is that a safe assumption or am I making an ass out of u and me?

Which of the stock sensors can interface with the APS UP & turboback? Did you connect temperature and O2 sensors to interact with the stock ECU or did you have to modify it somehow?

Any info would be welcomed

wrx0r
post #8 of 10 Old 12-28-2005, 12:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

treystoys is an unknown
I really can't give you a good answer about the emisions quiestion, they don't check around here, so I went catless w/o concern. As far as the sensors go, you'll be able to reinstall all of them just like stock. Are you going with any type of engine management? I'm running the Cobb AP, and it takes care of any exhaust codes that would other wise show up running catless w/o the AP. I'm not sure if expense is of any concern to you, but for the price, the AP is well worth it, not only eliminating the need for any mechanical or electrical fixes for exhaust codes, but for the performance gain as well.

Hope this helps a little, feel free to ask any quiestions, I'll be glad to offer what I can.

ttyl

Trey
post #9 of 10 Old 12-28-2005, 12:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx0r is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to wrx0r
Thanks for the info. Its good to hear that I can avoid mechanical and electrical fixes.

Regarding engine management: I was gonna go with Ecutek. The tuner in our town (MZM Performance) highly recommends it. While I can't reflash the ECU myself (like the AccessPort), I don't intend to mess with it too often. How often do you reflash your ECU?

Cya

wrx0r
post #10 of 10 Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

treystoys is an unknown
I've only flashed the ecu 2 times, each with a base map. Once when I went to stage 1/93, then after the tbe and uppipe install, and I went to stage 2/93.

Since I plane on leaving things as they are for a while, the only other time I think I'll need another flash is if I can find someone reasonably close, in a neighboring state maybe that can dyno the car and do a pro tune for me.

Good luck, as far as the Ecutek, my only quiestion about it would be if it can widen up the paramiters like the AP for the exhaust codes. Other than that, I think that any form of engine management will net close results, even if some are a bit better than others. My choice was made solely on price, the guy who tunes for the local Subaru dealer had an AP he unmarried from a trade in car, so for $300 I got it for quite a deal. Even with just the base maps, I've been very happy with it.

Good luck

Trey