Aps??!!?!?!? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-27-2004, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

knot04 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to knot04
Aps??!!?!?!?

what are the general thoughts on APS? im really thinkin about getting their up-pipe, 3" turbo back, TMIC with all the needed piping, and maybe an SR30 turbo. the turbo would be well down the road due to $$$. all of thier stuff looks to be really nice and well built, and i really like the flange on the turbo side of their down pipe. i know that a good system can be had for much less, but i am more than willing to pay for a top notch system! oh yea, the tmic will be need as i turn the boos up with a UTEC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-27-2004, 01:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

lobsterhat is an unknown
I've got their TMIC and BOV, and I have no complaints. It's really big, so it's a little tough getting it installed, I had to disconnect one of the bracket that held some of the A/C piping behind the IC in order to get enough room to stick it in there. Very well made and it looks cool with a larger hoodscoop because you can see the APS logo spray painted on there, but you can't quite tell what it is, so people become very curious.

256 WHP on Mustang dyno that measures Stockers at 167.
post #3 of 10 Old 09-27-2004, 02:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
I installed one of their FMIC's a few weeks ago...

http://dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66458 (you might have to register to see it)

I was impressed with the quality and fit of the pieces. The prices are high, but they are worth it. If I didn't have my Hperflow FMIC already I would have bought this one.
post #4 of 10 Old 10-11-2004, 02:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

hitmanwrx is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to hitmanwrx Send a message via Yahoo to hitmanwrx
APS is 1000x worth the money if you can afford it! Very precise and quality engineering! I originally bought cheaper stuff in the beginning and then finally some APS stuff and I am sworn by them now.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-20-2004, 10:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

Noogin is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Noogin
Aight I just installed a APS BOV on my buddies car and it sounds no different than the stock BOV. I see on the valve that it has a spot to let off into atmosphere but it doesnt open that far between shifts. Any suggestions would help considering he spent 250 bucks and it does the same thing as the stock one.
Thanks for your time
Noogin
post #6 of 10 Old 10-20-2004, 12:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

lobsterhat is an unknown
The only time I hear it out the auxillary port to the atmosphere is when I shift at 18-19 lbs of boost. You can very much hear a different sound coming from a different part of the car. If you bought it for the sound, you bought the wrong one. It's more of a performance peice to allow for high levels of boost while maintaining the stock vent to intake setup. It is adjustable, so you could try loosening it a bit to make it require less pressure to vent to the atmosphere.

Did you notice how much bigger the bore is on the APS than stock and how much more heavy duty the piston is?????

256 WHP on Mustang dyno that measures Stockers at 167.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-20-2004, 04:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

Noogin is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Noogin
Yea, I see what your saying about it being more of a performance valve. The only thing I don't understand is that when you just rev the engin up at a stop it does open to the auxillary point and blows off. but under any boost you don't hear a thing. I did read somthing about when you run more boost the valve will open more. oh well, I just wanted to learn some more about the aps valve. the only bov's ive ever delt with were all 100% atmosphere so i was alittle confused. Thanks for clearing that up.
Noogin
post #8 of 10 Old 10-20-2004, 06:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
I installed one of their FMIC's a few weeks ago...

http://dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66458 (you might have to register to see it)

I was impressed with the quality and fit of the pieces. The prices are high, but they are worth it. If I didn't have my Hperflow FMIC already I would have bought this one.
I ran a FMIC from APS on my 04 STi and it was, like Cosmo says, a great fit and a spectacular part. I give APS two thumbs up.

Does the APS bov normally exhaust to recirc. or atmos.?

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"
post #9 of 10 Old 10-21-2004, 08:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful Cosmo is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to Cosmo
They make more than one. The one I have seen is a hybrid valve, but they make a recirculating valve as well.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-21-2004, 11:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

bah14 is an unknown
it's been some time since i last gave their site a once over. I was unaware that they offered 2 types of bov. Speaking of, I will say that i'm very excited to install my HKS SSQ when my car is delivered. A small mod, i know, but all modding on my last car was done by the dealer, so doing it myself this time around has got me on edge with excitement. thanks for A to my Q, cosmo.

"I hear Buschur Racing does WRX UTECs now ... oh buddy!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement