Subaru WRX Forum banner

AP ots question

4K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  psinuse 
#1 ·
I have an 03 wrx. Im going to be putting a decatted helix downpipe on with an hks hi power cb.
2 questions
1. Is it bad to run this set up without a tune?
2. Will an accessport ots stage 2 tune be ok with these mods for a while?

Havnt found clear answers on the topic. Obv a pro tune would be ideal, but id like to know if my car will have bad problems without one.(until i can get a custom tune of course)
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
No, COBB doesn't make an OTS for a catless DP. Keith.... come down and get another brew.

OP- you still should get a protune(custom) to your setup..... Keith may be trying to say it's ok to run that OTS map... which is true... but not for a long duration.

#8 ·
Taken from Cobbs website..

Hardware Requirements
: Intended for use on a 2002-2003 WRX with
stock intake, stock fuel injectors, and a turbo-back exhaust system.
MUST USE FACTORY OR COBB SF INTAKE SYSTEM ONLY, NO OTHER AFTERMARKET
INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS CALIBRATION.
Doesn't say it's for a catted DP or not.... *drinks another beer in celebration*;)

#18 ·
I ran my Invidia DP the entire time I had my AP, never once had an issue. Granted now that I tuned my own stuff I can push things a bit more....:p
p.s. Nice minivan...:p;)

DaveC03wrx said:
Ya im gonna buy an accessport and eventually want to have a custom map made for it. I just wana know if my 03 will be ok running without any tune for a bit catless. And also if stage 2 ots will be sufficient until i get a custom map
I would highly recommend a AP first then the rest of it...I really really really recommend it.

#19 ·
^ Yeah I often recommend the AP as a first mod.

Cobb usually tunes their OTS maps pretty conservatively so they are safe for many different situations.

That being said it's always a good idea to get a custom tune if possible. Generally most experienced tuners can squeeze a little bit more power out of your setup with a custom tune as well.

#21 ·
Well if you read the Cobb map notes it allows for some flexibility in the map,(i.e. LWCP and up pipe) If you do anything to the car prior to getting the Cobb, I'd keep it simple and I can't stress that enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.