AP and intake - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-31-2008, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

imprezive591 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to imprezive591
AP and intake

alright so i know that Cobb makes their own intake designed to be used whith the accessport programmer. is it alright to go with another intake and still go to a stage 2? short ram vs. CAI? another question i have is, with going to a stage 2 setup, could i use the stock intake, that has the intake snorkus removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
yes don't even bother with an intake, just get a drop in filter, remove the silencer, DP/UP and stage 2 map. IF you do get an intake read the damn sticky about them. Dumdum has posted that thing a zillion times already and I'm not about to start.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #3 of 12 Old 01-31-2008, 04:20 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
I have no idea why people just don't go to the manufacture's website first or try to search.Cobb's map notes specificly say what you can and can't use. CobbTuning.com - Home Page

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #4 of 12 Old 01-31-2008, 04:21 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
And because this link is always helpfull Before you ask a technical question, read this

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #5 of 12 Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

new 'bru is an unknown
REVIVE!!
Ok, I got the full Cobb intake w/ box as a gift, so I'm gonna run it before I go stage 2. I was wondering about the intake silencer, though. Should I keep it or lose it? The instructions say basically 'either way is fine', although with it flows a little better cold air to the filter. I like the sound, and will be soon(ish) doing a Cobb stage 2 with tune.
So I'm asking if the intake silencer will be a benefit in my fender or garage.

Last edited by new 'bru; 07-13-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: revise
post #6 of 12 Old 07-13-2010, 07:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Based on your post I'd say remove it.
http://www.scoobymods.com/intake-sil...113.html?t=113

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
post #7 of 12 Old 07-13-2010, 11:39 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I left mine in the car, just too lazy to take it out. When tuned with my TD06-20G my tuner said that I didnt even need an intake. What Im getting at is that at stage 2 with or w/o the silencer will make litle to no difference at all.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #8 of 12 Old 07-14-2010, 03:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I had the silencer delete and K&N, but recently switched to the SPT intake. It's a major change in sound. I think it sounds really cool, and I got it really cheap so I'm happy with it. I did not notice any power gains, and wasn't expecting too. My boost gauge still reads the same at full throttle.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #9 of 12 Old 07-14-2010, 04:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

new 'bru is an unknown
So I guess the sound is the only decent improvement. I expect as much, but am wondering about the overall sound with or without the silencer and the air flow benefit with it in. I liked the diverter in the link's pics. I'm probably gonna just pull it and run it! Thanks, fellas!
post #10 of 12 Old 07-16-2010, 03:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
The sound will change with the silencer removed, but it's not that noticeable. My wife didn't even notice. But she did notice the spt intake.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
post #11 of 12 Old 07-25-2010, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Danny Martinjak is an unknown
So, I just got an short ram Intake off Ebay for my 2004 wrx, disconnected the battery, installed the intake, hooked up the MAF to the new intake and the car doesn't idle at all and if i don't give it gas it stalls and sounds like a ducati when running...The intake is a no name brand, and when I put the stock intake back on it runs fine. How can I make this new intake I got work with my car??? I'd appreciate any help
post #12 of 12 Old 07-25-2010, 10:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

You would have to tune for it at a shop. My guess though would be that your tuner recommends you throw that thing away. Get a cobb or spt intake if you want one.

For an 04 I would start elsewhere, like with the AP or exhaust.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback