Subaru WRX Forum banner

Any thoughts on Helix DP/UP?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
I have an SPT catback and I love the sound. In a year I would like to be a full TBE. For a awhile now I have been planning on getting Cobb's DP, but on their site they don't list their Uppipe. So I came across a place where I can get Helix DP and UP together as a package for $550 (this is catted version because I have to go through emission checks). Anyone have Helix partnered with their SPT? A lot of people say the Cobb one works well because it is a bellmouth and so is the Helix, so I wouldn't have any fitment problems right? If anyone has info on fitment, sound, and satisfaction from either the Helix products would be great, but if anyone could comment on their products with the SPT system would be great.

#2 ·
As long as the up pipe is catless, thats what you are looking for in an up pipe. And for a DP bellmouth is the way to go. If you do have fitment issues there are several options for you. There are adaptors you can buy mate one brand DP to another CBE. Or you can take it to an exhaust shop and have the cut one end off, adn replace with the type flange you need to attach the two pieces. Both ways are realtively inexpensive and easy fixes.

#3 ·
But since I have e-checks don't I need to have everything catted? Also, since you run Cobb, I know they have a up pipe but on their site there is no where to order one that is the only reason why I am not thinking Cobb right now

#4 ·
You can turn off the Sensor for the uppipe. The uppipe cat is a horrible idea and should just be eliminated if your upgrading it...its mostly for safety concerns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.