Any thoughts on Helix DP/UP? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-05-2009, 09:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Deli_B is an unknown
Any thoughts on Helix DP/UP?

I have an SPT catback and I love the sound. In a year I would like to be a full TBE. For a awhile now I have been planning on getting Cobb's DP, but on their site they don't list their Uppipe. So I came across a place where I can get Helix DP and UP together as a package for $550 (this is catted version because I have to go through emission checks). Anyone have Helix partnered with their SPT? A lot of people say the Cobb one works well because it is a bellmouth and so is the Helix, so I wouldn't have any fitment problems right? If anyone has info on fitment, sound, and satisfaction from either the Helix products would be great, but if anyone could comment on their products with the SPT system would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
As long as the up pipe is catless, thats what you are looking for in an up pipe. And for a DP bellmouth is the way to go. If you do have fitment issues there are several options for you. There are adaptors you can buy mate one brand DP to another CBE. Or you can take it to an exhaust shop and have the cut one end off, adn replace with the type flange you need to attach the two pieces. Both ways are realtively inexpensive and easy fixes.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 11-06-2009, 03:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Deli_B is an unknown
But since I have e-checks don't I need to have everything catted? Also, since you run Cobb, I know they have a up pipe but on their site there is no where to order one that is the only reason why I am not thinking Cobb right now
#4 Old 11-09-2009, 02:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
You can turn off the Sensor for the uppipe. The uppipe cat is a horrible idea and should just be eliminated if your upgrading it...its mostly for safety concerns.
#5 Old 11-09-2009, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I have them both and have had them on my car for the past four years...they have excellent quality and fitment...wouldn't change them for the world lol

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#6 Old 11-09-2009, 03:15 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I use their downpipe. Catted. Fittment wasn't perfect but easily fixed. I had to shave down the crossmember underneath but that wasn't that big a deal.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD

« ? | 2.0 to 2.5