Any guess, come look - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-06-2005, 07:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

WjRgX is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to WjRgX
Any guess, come look

Until the snow goes away I have to sit and wait to drive my car three states away and get it tuned (by phil ), so any HP or 1/4 guess's or comments on what I have would be great.
Last year I put down 293WHP w/ vf30, 550 pinks, TXS TMIC, UTEC, and 2.0L motor. Now I have;

2003 WRX
Axis Stage 2, 2.5 shortblock (unfortunitly stock wrx heads for now)
Vf 22 turbo
800cc injectors (little big for the turbo, being prepared for a bigger turbo down the road)
Hydra EMS
TXS FMIC
Full catless exhaust and of coarse the other normal stuff, like clutch, pullies, spark plugs, etc...

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-07-2005, 05:45 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
You should try the TVG deletes(V7 risers or D.I.Y.) if you haven't already.You should see easy a 15-20hp gain with that alone considering the size turbo you are using.Even people with the stock turbo see a 10hp gain up top and a little more rpm.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#3 Old 12-07-2005, 10:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

stileguy is an unknown
you may only make 20-30 more peak hp but there will be much more "area under the curve"your car will be much more driveable and have loads of low rpm torque. a vf 22 is not a lot bigger than a vf 30 and a tdo6-20g or t3/t4 hybrid may have been a smarter buy but your car will definately be great fun on mountain roads etc, you'll no doubt enjoy the strong thrust available with just a twitch of the throttle.
#4 Old 12-07-2005, 12:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxtacy19 is an unknown
330whp is my gues
#5 Old 12-08-2005, 10:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

WjRgX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum
You should try the TVG deletes(V7 risers or D.I.Y.) if you haven't already.You should see easy a 15-20hp gain with that alone considering the size turbo you are using.Even people with the stock turbo see a 10hp gain up top and a little more rpm.
This may be one of those things I should know but don't, could you explain what TVG deletes are!?
#6 Old 12-08-2005, 04:44 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
hydra ems replaces the MAF completely correct? You can get a lot of intake gains I think by putting on a CAI or similar now that you've ditched the MAF
#7 Old 12-09-2005, 10:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

bcrosby51 is an unknown
Why are you waiting for the snow to go away?? That is half the fun of an AWD car. Take is there in the snow.
#8 Old 12-09-2005, 11:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

WjRgX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrosby51
Why are you waiting for the snow to go away?? That is half the fun of an AWD car. Take is there in the snow.
Because of the crap they put on the roads. Turns wheels yellow and I'm sure the body kit wouldn't like it either. That and I like to put the miles on my other rig.