air/fuel gauge install?? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-24-2009, 09:21 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
most DP's have an extra bung by the turbo, thats where i would install it.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
I bought this Gauge very happy with my buy

52 mm Electrical Digital Air/Fuel Ratio &Volt Gauge

This is the first of one of the coolest product lines we are developing. This digital gauge is like having two gauges in one. We started with a standard Air Fuel Gauge and instead of wasting the valuable real estate in the center of the gauge with our logo we utilized that space to display the A/F & Volts Digitally. It will display Air/Fuel ratio around the outside while digitally displaying both A/F or volts. When the red "volt" light comes on you know you are reading volts (displays for 50 seconds) and if the light is not on the digital display is Air Fuel Ratio. Using a switch on the back you can even turn off the volt feature and run AFR all the time.

*NEW FEATURE*
This gauge can be set to read narrow band or wideband (0-5v) with the flick of a switch in the back of the gauge. That means that you can now use this gauge with your stock narrow band O2 sensor or use it with a control unit like innovate to display a 0-5v signal.

NOTE: This cannot be used as a stand along wideband AFR with a bosch wideband 5 wire heated O2 sensor unless you are using a controller! (Our complete wideband AFR gauge is due out within months)

2005 WRX
Borla XR-1 CBE Best Purchase so far

"Wax on wax off"
#18 Old 07-20-2009, 01:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Danielson, I can't get to your link.

Also, is the bung right behind the turbo on the Cobb DP a good spot for the O2 sensor?

One more thing, I'd like to do the 3 gauge pod in place of the clock. Someone mentioned this isn't a great connection point for the power. Has anyone had success with this?

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#19 Old 07-20-2009, 04:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
Well the link is not a link its just copyed from they're website which is prosportgauges.com
then go to gauges drop down menu then to digital gauges and its the two top ones one is blue and one is amber same price

Gauge mount inplace of the clock is good thats where I got mine.
It depends on if your gonna drop all the wires down to the fuse box by the steering wheel or cut the clock wires and splice them in that way.
I Spliced mine in through the clock but I think I might move my power down to the fuse box. I can get pics if u want

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"
#20 Old 07-20-2009, 04:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Thanks. I'm probably going to go with the clock mount and splice it in. I'm going to have a local shop do it b/c he pretty much said install would be free if I got the gauges from him. He said tapping into the clock wasn't a problem, I just wanted to get some feedback from others who have done this.

I'm leaning toward the ATI pod.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#21 Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

Danielson is an unknown
No problem I have the Autometer Dash pod I'm happy with it!

2005 WRX

"Wax on wax off"
#22 Old 07-21-2009, 02:44 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
If you are wanting to keep your clock but use the clock pod look into zerosports. Just throwing that out there, unless of course you have an aftermarket head unit that already has a clock in it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#23 Old 07-21-2009, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Thanks for the info. I do want to keep my clock, but that one sits on top of the clock with sticky tape. I'd like to avoid that in case it makes marks on the dash. It also seems to sit unusually high and not flush. Getting the ATI pod might be a good excuse to get a new headunit.

I found this pic.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#24 Old 07-21-2009, 10:35 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Your pic didnt show up, but very good point about gettting a new head unit and using the ATI one.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#25 Old 07-22-2009, 11:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

Hmm, it worked in Firefox, but not I.E.

Here is a direct link to the image.
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...ORTS%20Pod.jpg

And here is the blog I found it on.
My 2004 Subaru WRX STi

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#26 Old 07-22-2009, 12:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
dang somebodys addicted to ZeroSports lol

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#27 Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM

Ok I got what you meant, that you didnt want the Zerosports one. Just was confused, but I understand where you are coming from.

Basco, dont ever want to be called a Cobb whore again after seeing that guys car, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#28 Old 07-22-2009, 07:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
haha...same for me and perrin

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#29 Old 10-14-2009, 02:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kyole is an unknown
Kinda old thread, but i replaced my front sensor with a bosch sensor, its only a 4 wire but the box says its a Wideband A/F Sensor. would i be able to tap into this to run a gauge? from what i understood from this thread it had to be a wideband sensor... btw, the bosch part # is 15537. if anybody can help, please PM me