Subaru WRX Forum banner

air/fuel gauge install??

34K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  Kyole 
#1 ·
i have a prosport air fuel gauge wired the green wire on the gauge (which is the one that is the one that hooks to the 02 sensor)to the white wire on the front 02 sensor and the needle on the gauge just gos right to rich and stays there when i start the car. i tested the reading on the white wire and it was 3.5-3.6 volts at idle and changed whe i hit the gas so it should be the right one and i got the same reading right to the gauge so eather it is the gauge or i did somthing wrong. please help. and i know this gauge isn't that acurate so don't rost me.

#4 ·
i know it's not accurate and i ###### will get a wide band to hook to it at some point but right now i want to hook it up as is. would there be a diference in hooking it to the front or rear? i would think the front would be better. what is Innovatives site?

#9 ·
that shouldn't make a dif. it's the same voltage. and from what that says the front 02 sensor is the air fuel so i should be using the front sensor. but that is too high of voltage from what i am understanding.

#12 ·
i know that but as i said before i would like to hook up what i have and have it work at least as well as it could but i can't get it to work with eather the front or the rear so i'm not sure what to do now. the fron i think gives too much voltage and the rear not enough so unless i'm missing some thing it won't work at all.

#17 ·
I bought this Gauge very happy with my buy

52 mm Electrical Digital Air/Fuel Ratio &Volt Gauge

This is the first of one of the coolest product lines we are developing. This digital gauge is like having two gauges in one. We started with a standard Air Fuel Gauge and instead of wasting the valuable real estate in the center of the gauge with our logo we utilized that space to display the A/F & Volts Digitally. It will display Air/Fuel ratio around the outside while digitally displaying both A/F or volts. When the red "volt" light comes on you know you are reading volts (displays for 50 seconds) and if the light is not on the digital display is Air Fuel Ratio. Using a switch on the back you can even turn off the volt feature and run AFR all the time.

*NEW FEATURE*
This gauge can be set to read narrow band or wideband (0-5v) with the flick of a switch in the back of the gauge. That means that you can now use this gauge with your stock narrow band O2 sensor or use it with a control unit like innovate to display a 0-5v signal.

NOTE: This cannot be used as a stand along wideband AFR with a bosch wideband 5 wire heated O2 sensor unless you are using a controller! (Our complete wideband AFR gauge is due out within months) !Thumbs Up:cool:

#18 ·
Danielson, I can't get to your link.

Also, is the bung right behind the turbo on the Cobb DP a good spot for the O2 sensor?

One more thing, I'd like to do the 3 gauge pod in place of the clock. Someone mentioned this isn't a great connection point for the power. Has anyone had success with this?

#19 ·
Well the link is not a link its just copyed from they're website which is prosportgauges.com
then go to gauges drop down menu then to digital gauges and its the two top ones one is blue and one is amber same price

Gauge mount inplace of the clock is good thats where I got mine.
It depends on if your gonna drop all the wires down to the fuse box by the steering wheel or cut the clock wires and splice them in that way.
I Spliced mine in through the clock but I think I might move my power down to the fuse box. I can get pics if u want

#20 ·
Thanks. I'm probably going to go with the clock mount and splice it in. I'm going to have a local shop do it b/c he pretty much said install would be free if I got the gauges from him. He said tapping into the clock wasn't a problem, I just wanted to get some feedback from others who have done this.

I'm leaning toward the ATI pod.

#23 ·
Thanks for the info. I do want to keep my clock, but that one sits on top of the clock with sticky tape. I'd like to avoid that in case it makes marks on the dash. It also seems to sit unusually high and not flush. Getting the ATI pod might be a good excuse to get a new headunit.

I found this pic.

#27 ·
Ok I got what you meant, that you didnt want the Zerosports one. Just was confused, but I understand where you are coming from.

Basco, dont ever want to be called a Cobb whore again after seeing that guys car, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.